Steering wheel

hjbutler

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hello! Does anyone know what is supposed to be coverinIMG_20220810_090216.jpgg the hub of this steering wheel (1994 Adventure). It looks like someone got mad and pried it off!

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Black Plastic Cover
Your wheel is to damaged to hold it
I think I have a wheel and cover in my attic
If i do you can have it

Fishtales

Reaction score
Older models had a wooden cap center.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have the wheel with the black cap
Its yours
3/4 hole on the back side about 5/8 on the front side, 15 1/4 overall Diameter, 6 spokes
203-996-7331
text me and we can figure out how to get it to you

hjbutler

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
That's very kind of you. Mine only has 5 spokes so it may be quite different. I'll have to make some measurements when I'm out at the boat this weekend.

hjbutler

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hello again, and thanks again for your generosity! However, this steering wheel is stuck on and I don't want to force it off. Probably that's how the hub got buggered up in the first place--someone trying to get the wheel off. It all works fine so I'm going to let it be. I'll work on bending the hub edges into shape and then fashion or adapt something to cover the opening.

nightfighter

Reaction score
I realize this thread is five months old... However I will chime in. My 1993 20' Escape 209 had/has same wheel. Had to remove console to replace fuel tank. Replacing steering while it is all apart. I also could not get wheel off so took a sawzall to it.

TeK

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I realize this thread is five months old... However I will chime in. My 1993 20' Escape 209 had/has same wheel. Had to remove console to replace fuel tank. Replacing steering while it is all apart. I also could not get wheel off so took a sawzall to it.
Trick is to loosen nut, use a prybar to hold pressure on rear of wheel and smack with hammer while holding a piece of brass or aluminum stock on stud….usually a two person job.

Reactions: Halfhitch