Stereo modifications on a 33 express

Lucky13

Reaction score
Has anyone added an amp to a 33 express. If so where did you put it. Also looking to add a sub and some speakers in the cockpit as the 07 I have does not have cockpit speakers. Would love to hear what people have done.

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
I will be following and anxious to hear some ideas. Like the speakers at the helm, but would love some in the cockpit.

HMBJack

Reaction score
Yes. The Amp I have, which I like, is linked below. Located in the aft berth port side behind the access plate there by the FW and trim tab pumps. You can easily run a separate (and fused) power line (thick) through the rigging tube there which leads directly to the battery bank (port stern). Then link the amp to the power line of your radio so the amp powers up when you turn the radio on. Place and run speaker wire as you wish.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CB25T1D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JoleGW33

Reaction score
I put mine under the refrigerator, 2003 GW330.

Its a small 4 channel amplifier, Kenwood KAC-M1804.

JoleGW33

Reaction score
Where did you mount your speakers?

Original location for the helm speakers, although upgraded to JL Audio and added two extra on the deck, see attached picture. Mine had access holes there already the perfect size for the speakers, zero modification needed other than to cut the cushion.

IMG_0297.JPG

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
Thanks, I like that location. I had thought about adding a set next to the spreader lights.

How are you liking the Sure-shade?