Stereo

Fishtales

Reaction score
Been thinking about this a lot. Everyone says Fusion and expensive speakers.
My stock Kenwood remote unit went bad. I found a new one on ebay for about $15 delivered, was a bit stunned that it was so inexpensive but it is 13 year old tech.
Looks like I got another year in her...

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I'm not a fan of loud music while fishing. My brother had a 29 Aquasport in Pompano Beach. Cranked the Classic Rock station all day trolling for dolphin, all night long drifting for swords.
I got old and tired of hearing Aerosmith every hour on the radio.

My brother is up here now, complaining about no tunes, so I now use a bluetooth speaker connected to an iPhone if I have to...

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of loud music while fishing. My brother had a 29 Aquasport in Pompano Beach. Cranked the Classic Rock station all day trolling for dolphin, all night long drifting for swords.
I got old and tired of hearing Aerosmith every hour on the radio....

I'm with you. I don't like music while I'm fishing. If I go on someone's boat and they blast music, I respectfully decline future invites.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I forget...when I had my last boat, the lowrance had sirius weather. Someone said to get a stereo and use it instead?

How would you get a sirius stereo to feed sat imagery to a lowrance?

The new boat I am getting has a 10” Garman, heh....may add a lowrance after I get a hard top, just to have one for weathrr and gps and use the garmin for scanning for fish.

R

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A friend of mine that has a Luhrs express eliminated his stereo and just has a waterproof Bluetooth speaker. He has music on his smart phone. He said he was tired of dealing with CDs and replacing speakers and salty air corrosion problems. Anyone can play their favorites. Our grand kids do the same thing in our pool. They even have one that floats in the pool.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Agreed. I would “add a stereo” for the aux usb input to play and charge the phone, and for Sirius, only. I forget where, but someone said that the Sirius weather is cheaper via the stereo vs the fishfinder....no idea if that is true or how to connect them. Will work that out later.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
A friend of mine that has a Luhrs express eliminated his stereo and just has a waterproof Bluetooth speaker. He has music on his smart phone. He said he was tired of dealing with CDs and replacing speakers and salty air corrosion problems. Anyone can play their favorites. Our grand kids do the same thing in our pool. They even have one that floats in the pool.

EXACTLY! but you can't do a "rollup" to the party raft-up with your four F350s and 16 speakers blaring....

Reactions: Halfhitch