Still looking for 2000+ Grady White Seafarer 228

GW_Bak232

New Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Model
Seafarer
Good morning, everyone!

Hope this finds you all well. I haven't had any luck finding a decent 2000+ Grady White Seafarer 228 with 250 HP for almost a year. :(.

Can anyone here give me some feedback and tell me where I can find one? Your help and information are much appreciated.
 
I sent you a direct message with the same information... but I honestly think that I'd keep looking. While the price on the boat that you linked might seem appealing at first, I think they're a bit on the high side, especially when comparing to what I paid for my boat. The boat you linked doesn't come with a trailer, of which a brand new one would likely be at least $5k-$6k+, and that's before doing any other work to the rest of the boat at all. What's the actual condition of the boat and motor? It says in the ad that the hours on the outboard are unknown as most of them didn't have hour meters, so how many seasons will you likely be able to get out of the current outboard? I'd hate to see you, or anyone else for that matter, paying $20k for essentially just the boat at this point, then put another $5k-$6k+ into a brand new trailer and then have to repower it in the near future for another $20k-$25k+ for a brand new outboard.

Because I honestly think you'd be considerably upside down on the boat at that price point with everything you'd spent on the boat so far. Also, for comparative purposes, here's a 2001 that's in Virginia that's a year newer, comes with an HPDI 2 stroke motor and a trailer for only $5k more. The listing says that the boat is pending sale, of which I'd call or keep an eye on it if you're interested in the boat at all to make sure that the deal doesn't fall through. But again, I'd pay $5k more for something that is newer and comes with a trailer any day of the week as opposed to having to source those things out for yourself. Also as mentioned previously, I bought my 2004 GW 228 Seafarer with the factory hardtop, a 2004 Yamaha F225 @ just under 1k hours at the time of the sale and a trailer for $26.5k. So, I think that it is very possible to see prices in the mid $20k's for what you're looking for, especially something with a slightly newer motor and/or a 4 stroke motor. I imagine that over the next couple of months as the weather turns more into winter, that prices will drop down a bit. I'll keep an eye out for you, are you in Florida and how far are you looking to travel for a boat? What's your budget? Good luck!

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2001-grady-white-seafarer-228-10356011/