Stir crazy

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
So... grumpy today.. heh.. I work 12+ hour days, all tech support and the day is dragging. Watching John Wayne movies in the background isn't cutting it. I envy you folks with the jobs that are not stuck at a desk heh.

So.. who here has any new fishing or boat pics?

I think I refreshed as many THT posts as I could find that were of any interest...

R

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I am the guy the never takes pictures, then wishes that I did. when you mentioned "stir Crazy" i thought you were talking about the movie.. Man that was some funny stuff.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
lol.. actually.. yea, pretty funny. I went all the way out there, had the drone, a camera, a gopro, an underwater camera, my iphone... I forgot to take any pictures. I had too much fun sitting there with my son...Oh, I took a couple the evening before when we were hanging out alone ... heh

R

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
yer lucky I like you Smoky...right now.. I am hating you.. lol :p (just teasing...don't anyone get all worked up...)

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
yer lucky I like you Smoky...right now.. I am hating you.. lol :p (just teasing...don't anyone get all worked up...)

that picture is old. I took it at Pamlico Sea Base Scout camp four years ago .so, don't get too jelly because I worked today just like you, well not just like you because I own two retail Chocolate stores and I delivered fresh product we made to our our Waynesville location then I cleaned coils on the HVAC system to our kitchen.

Anyway, I woke up early one late July morning and caught my 228 sillohouted against the morning sun. I was allowed to bring the boat to Scout camp. I wanted to plan a tour of the Grady factory but our Scout Master Poo pooed the idea. lol. That's the upper Pamlico Sound of eastern North Carolina. our boats were made less than 50 miles from that spot.

Last edited:

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I would love to take scouts out on the boat but there are far too many issues with doing things like that so, just take my kids.

Right now, dropped the lower end on one engine and am cleaning it up to install the new water pump. Waiting for the extra parts so every single piece is replaced, but specifically the damper seal and cap. Then will do the other. This damper is probably the original one.

Not much else to do so putzing around as I drink a beer and get the hands a bit dirty.

here is my ranch, probably will be gone soon...the lst three tracts:(

Fishing is far more fun....well...will be lol

Oh, since I am bored, the last boat....she never gave me a lick o problems...gotta have a talk with Cow Bell...lol

R

Attachments

• 5FA3C727-0FED-479F-BB4E-2F971D59A4D9.jpeg
    5FA3C727-0FED-479F-BB4E-2F971D59A4D9.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3725AE10-1B9F-4EB7-BBD5-73592FBD40D2.jpeg
    3725AE10-1B9F-4EB7-BBD5-73592FBD40D2.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 0

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
it was a BSA District Camp . They held all the liability it was a great week . Good luck on your repairs.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
wow, super nice

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
the Shark? or the whale?
either would be total bad a$$,both would be illegal . for the record I do have degree in biology and I respect all fishery laws and think wildlife conservation is a good thing. however, the guy in me says , wow ! you slayed a white shark or wow, something triggered you to take down whale in your Grady! You got to respect the power...lol.

I must say fishing and such in California has some significant risks, wildlife viewing perks and such.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
First off, nice shark but reminds me of my ex wife lol

@mjwilly awesome pics no matter what species;)

@SmokyMtnGrady love the mahi pics;)

@Bloodweiser you rock whether pics or not lol

I think I will take off Friday and work on the boat a little...nothing major...oh, gotta get some saltaway....never used it before, gotta get enough for both engines:p