Stopping the email

Marbles816

Reaction score
Since I've started being involved with this site, my email has been blowing from these forums. I enjoy seeing some of these topics, but it's getting to crazy. With that said, how do I slow down or stop the email notifications? I went into preferences and unchecked different preferences, but it still kept blowing up. So I unchecked all of them thinking it would solve all of this. But unfortunately I'm still getting them. Please let me know the solution to this. Thanks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Good question. The only emails I get are a notification if someone sends me a private message.

Edit: Looks like under account details... settings... email options... there is another link for more email preferences.

Marbles816

Reaction score
Good question. The only emails I get are a notification if someone sends me a private message.

Edit: Looks like under account details... settings... email options... there is another link for more email preferences.
Yes, I unchecked all of them too, but still getting a crazy amount of emails.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
After you edited your preferences, did you hit the blue “Save” box at the bottom of the page?
Check them again, to see if they are the old preferences, or the new ones.

Marbles816

Reaction score
After you edited your preferences, did you hit the blue “Save” box at the bottom of the page?
Check them again, to see if they are the old preferences, or the new ones.
Yes, I did tried that multiple times, but still hasn't solved the issue.

Marbles816

Reaction score
By default it will watch any thread that you contribute to.
So just to clarify... any thread I engage in, I will never be exempt from it if I choose not to participate from it and will always receive email and there is not changes I can make? HMMMM, that's interesting. Thank you

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not sure what's going on with your email and the notifications. The only time I get anything from GG is if someone has started or replied to a private message with me. I've checked "Watch" on some of the topics and I still don't receive anything. I'm thinking you have a setting turned on somewhere that is generating the emails. GG doesn't automatically send emails out. If it did, I would be flooded with them.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Weird, I don't get anything and sorry guys - I like that.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Maybe the emails can give you a clue as to what is triggering them.
I only get emails when someone starts or replies to a "Conversation" (private message) or on rare occasions when the Site sends out info about using the site.

Also, there is a link at the bottom of the email to "Stop receiving emails"

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.48.42 AM.png

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have been asking the site admin if they can fix it so I can get emails when someone responds to a message I am watching or have responded to. I don't get any since mid December. Something changed and I don't like having to chase down what conversations I might have been involved in by searching.
Something must be wrong with the site settings. Hope Jeff can get more feedback so he doesn't think it is just me......

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you want to see what conversations you are in, click on the icon to the left of your mail symbol, in the top right hand corner of the page, and click “my content”.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not finding My Content anywhere. Would love it if we can get the former process working to send me an email so I know to come over to the site.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you want to see what conversations you are in, click on the icon to the left of your mail symbol, in the top right hand corner of the page, and click “my content”.
Interesting - never tried it that way, but it works. Another way is clicking the "find threads" drop-down button at the top.

Robert, are you using a computer or a phone? Sometimes, with a phone, if you hold it vertically, it limits what you can see.

Pighunter

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on with your email and the notifications. The only time I get anything from GG is if someone has started or replied to a private message with me. I've checked "Watch" on some of the topics and I still don't receive anything. I'm thinking you have a setting turned on somewhere that is generating the emails. GG doesn't automatically send emails out. If it did, I would be flooded with them.
I think what he's talking about is the emails we receive whenever someone replies to a post that he posted in. I get them also, everytime someone posts or replies to a post that I started or replied in I get an email telling me. I've went in and unchecked everything related to receiving emails but I can't stop it either.