Storing your Fenders

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
www.NauticalHeadquarters.com
Where and how are you cc guys storing your bumpers while underway? Mine ususally end up in the head area but would like to come up with something better and closer to the gunnels.

GS

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I leave both of mine on the cleats. The forward fender sits in the w/a and the rear fender has just enough line on it to hang over the rear corner into the transom. The system works well although I really like the transom fender caddy on the 360 and have considered adding one.

uncljohn

Reaction score
I have an old 228 and got rid of the water tank and cut a rectangle in the centerline hatch just in front of therod holders and put one of those 24"x13" Perko (or something)hatches in it. So I drop my fenders down into the bilge, where the aaux fuel tank and water tank would be.

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
www.NauticalHeadquarters.com
megabytes said:
I leave both of mine on the cleats. The forward fender sits in the w/a and the rear fender has just enough line on it to hang over the rear corner into the transom. The system works well although I really like the transom fender caddy on the 360 and have considered adding one.

Megabytes,
The transom fender caddy sounds neat! Would the fender caddy work on a smaller GW? Where did you see one?
thanks mega,
GS

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I leave mine in racks attached to the bow rails, two fenders in each side rack. I use these fenders only when away from home as my slip has its own 'permanent' set.

I replaced these holders two years ago because an errant boat crashed into one of the prior set and did enough damage to the holder to render it useless. No damage to the boat though so even in storage the fender did its job.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Check out pix of the 360 on the GW website. I believe the holders are standard. BW or MW may carry them. I need to determine if a holder would inhibit getting to the fresh water fill for my boat.

ticklestik

Reaction score
I have a 28 Release. I store one fender in each rod storage locker under the gunwale.

ahill

Reaction score
I keep mine in my livewell on my 272. I tried rail mount but they closed off the walk around.