Strange Fluid Leak

Green Mountain Grady

Reaction score
I was out on my 1991 Tournament 225 tonight and noticed under the helm station where the deck and leading edge of the platform meet a liquid. Thinking someone had spilled coke I wiped it up, and then noticed it was weeping from a crack in the deck (it is a '91). Would anyone have any idea what it might be? It had the same color and consistency of coke or a dark soda (which it wasn't).

seasick

Reaction score
Do you have hydraulic steering?

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if it's coming from a "crack' it's probably water that has seeped into the wood core of the deck. had the same problem on my prior boat because one of the deck screws was drilled past the top resin coat. at a minimum, seal up the crack after it gets a chance to dry out some. ron

seabob4

Reaction score
ElyseM said:
if it's coming from a "crack' it's probably water that has seeped into the wood core of the deck. had the same problem on my prior boat because one of the deck screws was drilled past the top resin coat. at a minimum, seal up the crack after it gets a chance to dry out some. ron

I agree with Ron. Sounds like the "juice" that comes out of water-logged rotten wood...