Stripe Tape - blue and gold for sheer stripe

Finatic

Reaction score
I was able to purchase some last season from my local Grady dealer. I don't remember the exact cost but it was relatively affordable. You need to make sure you tell them them the year of the boat because the spacing between the blue and gold varied among years.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yep, Schock Boats had it in stock, $1 a foot.
Graphics removed and re-striped, looks like a new one! Just a little plain though. :cry:

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
CJBROWN said:
Yep, Schock Boats had it in stock, $1 a foot.
Graphics removed and re-striped, looks like a new one! Just a little plain though. :cry:

A dollar a foot, what a bargain! Good luck with your sale, Chris! :D

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SCAdventure said:
How do you take the old tape off? Do you need anything special to retape it?

thanks

A good eye and steady hand. :wink:
Seriously, peel off the backing and pull the tape out to apply in 4-5' sections being careful to line it all up. Cut and start again at the break in the shear in the middle, otherwise your tape will kink. Apply a 1/2" section of tape over the overlap to seal it better. If yours is still on there you'll see how the factory did it, just do it the same way.

For removing the old tape, use a heat gun or hair dryer. You have to warm up the tape and adhesive or it won't come off. Clean off residual adhesive with acetone or lacquer thinner.

The new tape has a clear protectant overlay that peels off once your stripes are applied. It's the good stuff, very high quality stripe tape.