stripe

kevgle

Reaction score
only need to replace a section. trying to get exact match .Just starting to look .Is this a dealer item or any advice on best place to find.Thanks20230417_074632.jpg20230417_074632.jpg

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The dealer will have many to chose from. Some are very close to each other so it is best if you can bring a sample of the exact one you are trying to match

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
That looks pretty old to me. Hopefully you have a nearby dealer that stocks this material.

Removing it will be a problem too. I stripped mine of before a paint job last summer. Razor blade worked but it hacked the gel coat up. Afterwards someone told me that 3M has a "wheel" that you use in a drill that does a great job. Too late for me but maybe next round.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Heat gun and plastic razor works quickly and easily , then just a little laquer thinner or acetone to remove any remaining sticky residue. I removed my striping and left it off.....like the look.

Reactions: Halfhitch

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Heat gun and plastic razor works quickly and easily , then just a little laquer thinner or acetone to remove any remaining sticky residue. I removed my striping and left it off.....like the look.
Same here. But didn't come off easy, hacked the gel coat up and had to be repaired. People swear by that wheel. I was repainting and left stripe off. I like it much better.

side.jpeg

TVillani

Reaction score
Model
Dolphin
I got a full set of stripes and decals from etsy for around $100. Very good quality and an exact match. +1 on the 3m wheel, they work great.

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Definitely go with an eraser wheel, I started with the heat gun, and was very tedious. Bought an eraser wheel at napa and made quick work of it

Fishtales

Reaction score
The dealer will have many to chose from. Some are very close to each other so it is best if you can bring a sample of the exact one you are trying to match
Spot on. You'd be surprised how many stripes GW has used over the years. Take a close up pic and have the dealer match it up.

232Grady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
It's great if you have included your location in your profile. You'll get better info!