STRIPING

fish-n-fun

Reaction score
Anyone know about GW striping. Are size nominal? I need to replace striping on both a Tournament 225 and a Gulfstream 232. I measure widths like 5/16", 3/4" and 1 7/8. Regular sources seem only to carry in 1/4 increments like 3/4, not the other sizes needed - or does the ordering size differ from actual? And then there is the color. Somewhere I find the Grady striping color to be likened to Pantone PMS 295, but find no source for same. Any suggestions?

Rickysa

Reaction score
Don,

I'm replacing mine, and the local Grady dealer (Morehead Marine, NC) has it in stock. You do need to supply the measurements, as there are different sizes.

Rick

gw204

Reaction score
Leave the stripes off. IMHO it looks better that way. :wink:

IMG_7113.jpg

JeffN

Reaction score
Brian what did you take the tape off with, heat gun? Mine needs to have the big compound job this spring and the stripes are pretty beat up so they need to come off first. I'll see how it looks then amybe just leave them off - I probably will replace the Grady logo though.

gw204

Reaction score
The stripes on the hull sides came off very easily. I just picked up an edge with my fingernail and pulled very slowly. Each one came off in two or three big pieces.

The ones on the cabin sides were a bit trickier. They broke up rather easily. If I remember correctly, a razor blade was easiest.

I found a heat gun just made things worse because the stripes would stretch after they got warm.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My stripes are gone this season. I also like the look without the srtipes.

CaptKennyW

Reaction score
ya i dont think im going to put the new stripes i bought on it does look better with just the gw name.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The dealers sell it by the foot. Suggest you take a piece of it (if possible) or a picture of it as there are a few different styles.

On my old boat, I had a damaged area. I cut the stripe back past the damage area and cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol after peeling it off (used a straight blade to start it and a hair dryer to get it off). I installed the new stripe and overlapped the existing one (GW does this where the stripes change direction) by about 1/2". Not too bad to do at all.