Sureshade PTX

PT G

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Has anyone installed the SureShade power shade for their cockpit? How difficult is the installation? Can you run with the shade in place over your cockpit? TIA

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Mine came with it. You aren't supposed to go on plane with it extended.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like simplicity. I'd look for something you can tie to the hartop and put poles in the rod holders. I did this once when we decided to stay on the boat and it rained one day. Not the best, but all that added electrical and mechanical stuff is just stuff that is going to break down and require costly maintenance in years to come.

Reactions: PointedRose

B-Shell

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 307
Mine came with it. You aren't supposed to go on plane with it extended.
I don’t think that is accurate. Their website says the PTX model has been tested up to 40mph. I have the factory version and recall reading somewhere in the manual you drive with it extended.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I don’t think that is accurate. Their website says the PTX model has been tested up to 40mph. I have the factory version and recall reading somewhere in the manual you drive with it extended.
You might be right. My dealer said not to run with it extended, but the website says they are rated up to 40mph.

Last edited:
Reactions: PT G and B-Shell

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I recently adding this Bimini to my Seafarer to cover the back seats when raining/misting, a more permanent solution but no moving parts. Should keep the wife and guests more comfortable and happy when fishing

Attachments

• D88D5D8C-2E9D-49D9-8F43-EFCE567EAAE8.jpeg
    D88D5D8C-2E9D-49D9-8F43-EFCE567EAAE8.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 24

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
With the factory installed one you can certainly run at reasonable speeds but if it is windy and it flaps I would suggest you pull it in. Common sense, which is not allowed in general, should prevail in cases like these.
To install one later might not be as easy as it looks, rigidity of install is one main thing and proper alignment the other one.

Good luck and I also suggest pole in back and attachments on hardtop with nice "tarp". That is what I'm planning for the bow and with that one you cannot run the boat.

h

gatordmd

Reaction score
I have a 2014 336 Canyon that I feel is in mint condition. I bought the boat in 2017. One of the first things I did was to install the sureshade for my wife.
Over the years I spent over three thousand additional dollars to repair it. It just broke again. I took it off my boat and left it by the curb. I suggest just hanging a simple canvas tarp and saving the money.

• Sad
Reactions: PT G

seasick

Reaction score
I have a 2014 336 Canyon that I feel is in mint condition. I bought the boat in 2017. One of the first things I did was to install the sureshade for my wife.
Over the years I spent over three thousand additional dollars to repair it. It just broke again. I took it off my boat and left it by the curb. I suggest just hanging a simple canvas tarp and saving the money.
Was it electric and were the motors the cause of failure?

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
I have the electric one and only challenge I had wad to locate a cut wire. After that was done it works fine and I think the key to it is to have it installed so that it is shielded from open elements ie encapsulated and kept clean.

a manually deployable tarp is fine as long as you can store it and remember to take it down when moving. (One less thing to go wrong!)

H