Swim Platform fix

kendcc

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Need some advice... I have a '05 226 and just noticed last weekend the bottom outside bracket has come loose from the transom. I'm having the boat pulled today to inspect and try to figure out how to repair. A few questions... does anyone know if this is through bolted or lag bolted to the transom? Wondering the best method to fix. If through bolted and the bolt came loose, I guess that's easy enough to figure out. If lag bolted though and it pulled (stripped out), what's the best way to fix? next size up lag bolt and screw into the hole after it's been filled with 5200? I also don't know how long it's been like this... for sure only since sometime after I put her in the water 2nd week of May.

It's mostly above waterline, but i'm sure it's been wet as I used the boat a few times and the slip generally gets some good rockin' n rollin'. How much water intrusion do I have to worry about? What's the best approach to mitigating? Do I Leave it out of the water for x days? wait x days on land before the repair? Any thoughts and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks!