Switch for raw water pump ?

Topdogeye

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Getting deep into a 93’ adventure 208

If it’s broke I’m fixing it ... if it’s not working I’m trying to figure out why

Can’t find the switch for the raw water pump. I did remove the pump ran it directly to the battery it kicks. Just not sure where the switch is for it.

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm surprised it's not at the helm. Do you have an owners Manual?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Could have been added by a previous owner? GW usually switches or breakers most things like that.

Topdogeye

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
There are two switches labeled acc they don’t turn it on
In the Owner’s manual it’s stated that the acc switches are for add ons

I didn’t find anywhere in the Owner’s manual specifically for the raw pump however the fresh water pump has its own switch. The raw water wiring comes in from the helm though

seasick

Reaction score
Getting deep into a 93’ adventure 208

If it’s broke I’m fixing it ... if it’s not working I’m trying to figure out why

Can’t find the switch for the raw water pump. I did remove the pump ran it directly to the battery it kicks. Just not sure where the switch is for it.
On my 208, the raw water washdown was added and is connected to one of the two ACC switches. If it were factory, it labeled and use one of the also have only one spare ACC breaker. If installed after the fact, it's 50/50 on which ACC position was used.

Topdogeye

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Nothing happens when I hit either acc switch looks as though they’re not even wired to the fuse panel

seasick

Reaction score
I suppose there could be another switch somewhere. The ACC switches should be wired to the accessory bus but not have anything on the third terminal ( one wire is power in, one is power out and third is ground for the lamp). Since the raw water was an option, I would think that the wire for it would be in the bundle.
The factory wire for washdown is 12 gauge orange with brown stripe. You need to check the ground wire also

Topdogeye

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Could the livewell switch power both the raw water wash down pump and airrater since the water supply comes from the raw water inlet ?

seasick

Reaction score
Not on that model if wired to factory specs. There are separate pumps for Livewell and washdown.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That's weird - it should be labelled "washdown" and be right there on your panel...

seasick

Reaction score
That's weird - it should be labelled "washdown" and be right there on your panel...
Only if that option was ordered when the boat was bought new. Otherwise, the switch that would have said Washdown will sat ACC

Topdogeye

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Yes there are separate pumps for wash down and livewell.. however the washdown pump fills the livewell so I thought maybe they were interlinked.
Ok so one acc should be the switch I’m going to look at it and see if it’s fused/ going to the washdown pump ( orange wire with brown stripe right)

Thanks so much so far !!

seasick

Reaction score
I must have missed something because that makes no sense,
Two separate pumps but the washdown fills the livewell? What does the livewell pump fill?
It is possible that whoever added the washdown pump used the same wire that fed the livewell, so when you switch the livewell, BOTH pumps run.
Ti clear this up, please explain what happens when each pump is powered up, one at a time.

Topdogeye

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Ok so washdown pump (can) fill the livewell.

There’s a diagram in the Owner’s manual for that.

Mine is not set up for that. What had happened was.... I should have said airator which is actually a pump but not the same as the (pressure) pumps. Excuse me for being vague on that one.

I messed around with it today checked all my fuses all were good and any wires going into my fuse bar had a fuse to it so I’m starting to think the acc switch connection is corroded or not working I’m thinking of jumping it off of the potable water wiring feed and just put the switch in that box next to it’s switch.

Topdogeye

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Got to the bottom of the raw water wash down mystery !

So the wires weren’t original they were a duplex, black and red set up which were both plugged into the ground bank.

Saw that one of the ACC switches was open plugged the red on it, pump runs now !!