Switch location

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
Im adding underwater lights to my tournament 225. I Need to find a spot to install a switch. On the top row of the switch panel is 4 "acc" circles (see attached pic). Is there a switch I can buy that will fit in one of those spots? Are those breakers for something else? Probably a dumb question but id rather ask then install a crappy looking toggle switch somewhere. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6248.jpg
    IMG_6248.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

freddy063

Reaction score
if you remove the 4 screw in and lift out the switch panel and look the acc see if there anything connected to them. if not you can use it as a switch, I believe there a push on push off type breaker, they should have a amp size printed on it somewhere . what amp load is the lights. it's been a while sense been on my boat so I can't be for sure.

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
ill pop it out tomorrow and look. The rubber boots don't feel like anything is under them when I press.

dainlaroche

Reaction score
The rubber boots are over pop up circuit breakers so when you don't feel anything that is good. If they were to trip, a little pin would pop up in there allowing you to reset the breaker. Once you pull the switch panel off you may see extra blade connector spots where you could easily add the lights, just check their current draw and the amperage of the associated breaker. If they're LEDs your probably fine regardless since they draw very little current. You may also have an accessory fuse block panel somewhere under there. My 209 does and there are quite a few open slots. If you go that route you'd have to add a switch so tagging on to one of the accessory switches is probably the way to go. Try them all out and see if there's one that doesn't do anything, and or check to see which one/s don't have wires leading away from them.

Reactions: ScottyCee

Fishtales

Reaction score
They are accessory switches and likely are open. You may/should be able to connect to one.