switch panel on GW seafarer 2001

Boston2

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello , I have a GW seafarer 23ft, working on it now , I wonder if anyone has a pic of the elect. switch panel, around 12 of them in one linear line on the Starboard side .. like what does each one do, I am renovating this boat and will rewire things , but want to keep same order of rocker switch location .. I appreciate any help .

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I do not have that - maybe in the owner's manual? You can try looking on Grady's site. Not sure if the manual is that specific, though. It may, however, list color coding as that's standard in the industry and you can compare to your wiring. For example, grey wires will be nav lights.

A couple thoughts, though...

-- The order of the switches makes no difference. Put it in whatever order makes sense for YOU.
-- Label the wires now - if you label them based on what accessory item is being activated, you have your own wiring diagram to refer back to.
-- If someone posts a picture of their switches... it's possible that the order changed over the years. Even if that didn't happen... how do you some previous owner didn't change things around a bit? In other words, it's best to verify what you actually have.

Oh... you may want to clarify what boat you have. SeaFarer's are not 23'.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello , I have a GW seafarer 23ft, working on it now , I wonder if anyone has a pic of the elect. switch panel, around 12 of them in one linear line on the Starboard side .. like what does each one do, I am renovating this boat and will rewire things , but want to keep same order of rocker switch location .. I appreciate any help .
This is the best picture that I have for that area on my boat. Just a heads up though, I believe each boat can be slightly different for the order of switches as well as optional features as the two switches to the far right I don’t believe actually do anything. I believe that the switches to the far right side of the panel are for more options and that aren’t standard on all boats, or at least that didn’t come on my particular boat. From left to right I personally have…

- The red switch for your horn
- “wiper” for your windshield wiper
- “lights”, which I think are my running/anchor lights
- “cockpit” for the walkaround step lights on the outside
- “aft bilge” for your aft bilge
- “fwd bilge” for your fwd bilge
- “livewell” for your livewell
- “washdown” for your rear washdown
- “water” I think for the freshwater rear shower?
- “macerator” for the macerator

Then there are two switches that don’t have any diagrams or labels on them, which I assume means that they don’t do anything, although I’ve admittedly never tried using them before.

740BDFCD-C5CB-4ADA-B99A-46288B4BE108.jpeg

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Boston, Here is the switch panel on my 2004 228. I think it is pretty much the way it came from Grady except for the one marked "Livewell Light". It was another empty "ACC" switch.
Q04xhi7l.jpg

YP1nDnPl.jpg

M3nUa7Dl.jpg

H8sYSB7l.jpg

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No, I did not. It appears to be a Grady part.
I’ve seen some of our vintage of boats that have them whereas others do not. It would be nice to have so that you don’t bump into the switches while sitting/driving and accidentally turn on a bilge or something else and burn up a pump or whatnot. I’m not sure if my boat has a light in the livewell, guess I’ll have to check the next time I go out.

Greysailor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Great timing on this thread. Went out yesterday, and kill a scoop of sardines, when I bumped the live well switch….ahhh….
I have the original switches with a very narrow dim red light, what are the new switches are people upgrading to?
Are the circuit breakers also being swapped out? What is the trip amperage?

Thanks

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Great timing on this thread. Went out yesterday, and kill a scoop of sardines, when I bumped the live well switch….ahhh….
I have the original switches with a very narrow dim red light, what are the new switches are people upgrading to?
Are the circuit breakers also being swapped out? What is the trip amperage?

Thanks
I was looking at swapping out all of the switches over the wintertime and then got distracted with having to install a new Garmin GPS unit into my boat. I’ve heard pretty good things about this company, of which they’re also a vendor on the forum here and several members have used them with very positive reviews.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here's mine on my 2004 Seafarer. The one marked Elec Box, 3rd one in on the right, was originally marked ACC.

20190505_190623.jpg