Switch Panels

fellinger

Reaction score
I am looking at redoing the switch panel on my 272 Sailfish this winter. My question for those of you who have done this; Did you remove your circuit breakers and replace them with an add-on fuse block? By doing so seems like a great way to save some money and clean up the panel.

Thoughts on how involved this would be?

Thanks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You're right - cleaning up the dash is a good reason to eliminate the circuit breakers. I'd probably do the same thing. The extra time to move the wires is really quite insignificant. As long as you follow the color coding (most manuals have this) or label everything really well, it would be pretty straight forward. Of course, you'd want the fuse block to be in a relatively easy-to-access location. You wouldn't want to spend an hour dismantling things just to change a fuse. You'd want a 10g - maybe 8g - wire feeding the fuse block.

fellinger

Reaction score
Thanks. I think I may just stick with breakers. They're actually pretty cheap and won't do to much to add space to the panel. Also, the wires in the boat are already so cluttered, running individual wires to the a new fuse block would be a pain in the ass.