Switches/fuses/breakers

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re-doing instrument panel, would like to do away with the fuses. Anybody know of a know of a product that incorporates a switch and a breaker into one low profile component?

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
How much do you want to spend? There were posts of somone doing custom panels to fit like the factory ones, they looked sweet.

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You might be referring to Vector led, considered that. Already have the panel and gauges, just looking to streamline the fuse/switch set-up.

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
102_1740-1.jpg
[/img]
102_1810.jpg

before and after.

Looking for a way to go less cluttered looking, do not like the fuses anyway.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey cd wood sorry to step on this, where did you get that new panel, and how do I get one for my 204c? Actually your old one is in better shape than mine, lol I was trying to figure out my switches as they are not labeled anymore (all corroded), t hanks for the attached pic, now I can at least p touch the panel. I agree with the fuses, would like to get them out of site.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 265 and felt the same about the fuses . Esp being under the dash panel ; with no access other than remove 8 screws and then try to lift the panel with all the gauges wires attached. This in itself could cause more issues pulling on those wires every time you need to just CHECK a fuse. Really poor design in my humble opinion.
So got my local tech to research some breakers.We ended up using aircraft quality (he is a pilot as well) and used the hinged panel at the back of the dash behind the steering; to mount 10 breakers, of varying amps.
If i get organised i will post some pics.I believe there are complete panels that will do the same thing for probably far less . This was a $1,000 mod; largely because I'm not that clever. However I'm much happier about the electrics now and it's definitely made it easier to check power when things go black and it's a much safer setup in something that is meant to perform in tough conditions.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
" A Picture should be worth a thousand words" so hope my breakers are worth a thousand bucks, ouch!
Most dashes have some rear access of sorts. this works well for me. But I'm sure there is a cheaper way of doing it. The tech replaced the original 2 x fuse bus bars under the dash with new bus bars and then thru' to the breakers.It's a pretty clean job and miles easier than the original setup to diagnose probs.
P2130003.jpg

P2130004.jpg

P2130005.jpg