T-Top Mold spots

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
2006 282 sailfish delivered today and I spend the day giving complete cleaning. I knew the undersideof T-Top had some small mold spots on outer underside egde. Most came off with soap and light scubbing. Any reccomendation on what to use on tougher mold spots on T-Top?

Outside of this and the need to detail aluminum on T-Top with Woody Wax CPR kit in hopes remove light spotting she look brand new.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Clorox Clean-up.

But keep it off the aluminum, and be sure to rinse all very well.

Oh, CONGRATS on the new boat!

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Straight, uncut white vinegar is a great mold remover/killer. Put it in a spray bottle use it liberally. You can rinse it out with fresh water so your top won't smell like Easter Eggs. It's cheap and it works. It's also a great glass cleaner.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree with all that has been mentioned above. I used clorox wipes to clean mold off my hardtop after we bought it. It came off fairly easily and has not come back. Add a moisture absorber in the cabin for the winter to avoid mold from forming, and clean it with clorox before being put away, that should prevent it next year. White vinegar also works well and I have used that in the past with good results. With either, rinse it down with water. Let me know how the Woody Wax works on the aluminum hardtop supports, I need to clean mine and was wondering if the Woody Wax works as well as I've heard it does. Good luck with the new boat, I will begin working on mine this weekend.

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advise. I will try these options out this weekend along with the woody wax cpr kit if weather holds out. We are having the inside cusion covers dry cleaned as they did not have any any moisture controls while in shrink wrap.