Tab indicators?

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
Guys this may seem like a very stupid question.............but I just want to make sure. I finally got to get the new 305 Express bloody on Good Friday and it was AWESOME to say the least......the boat is an absolute machine....100+ miles in stacked 4-6's cross sea, the ride was truly unbelievable!!! Here's the "stupid" question......When tabbing the port side down..."left trim tab button up"....my trim tab indicator is lighting up on the starboard inidcator light, and the more i tab it down the more it lights up going downward.....is the indicator light possibly hooked up backwards or is this the light that is supposed to be lighting up? To me it seems like my prot light should be the one lighting up, it seems as though it is hooked up backwards?

MRT

Reaction score
No, you are set up correctly. To make the bow go down and left the starboard tab needs to lower. Said another way the lights represent the position of the tab on the said side of the boat, where as the buttons are on the side of the boat that you want to "trim".

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
you probably realise this already; but it is also a good habit to remember (if you don't have indicators) which tab is down and to take it off before you apply the opposite tab down otherwise you just keep adding tabs /drag and loose track of what you are trying to acheive.