Tackle Storage

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
What are the best options for tackle storage that folks are using, given the drawer and door sizes? I have a 300 Marlin located on Lake Erie and have switched from typical Plano Stowaway 3700 (in my old boat) to the boxes with individual tubes for each hard body lure (way too large or current Marlin drawers & areas) to the current dual sided 7" x 11" dual sided boxes with an individual tray for each lure (fit in the compartment under the port seat, but too many and hard to read / see / get out).

I'd like to use the drawers under the drivers (starboard) seat and the tackle compartment on the aft side of that seat, but neither are quite large enough to capture most of the lures and the spoon tackle box is difficult to place anywhere. Also, the small drawers on the bottom of each step aren't large enough for much.

Wondering how everyone is managing their tackle. Reorganization of tackle storage is typically a great past time / hobby and happens several times per year, but it'd be nice to find a layout / system that worked well enough I could keep it that way for awhile.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I have the same boat and issue. Obviously there is storage for the planos in the cockpit. Use these for the items you frequently use. I've used tackle boxes, Husky soft tool boxes, milk crates and buckets. Each has their pros and mostly cons. I settled on the Cabela's large tackle bag. https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Advanced-Angler-II-Bags/2913990.uts?slotId=5
I got (2) of the largest and one of the next size down.

Why
- They use the same plano boxes as the built in storage spot on the GW.
- Well made, with handles and solid strap.
- Good pockets.
- Easy to maneuver with.
- Easy access in/out of mid berth.

I got the one size down bag for top water and stuff I use off the beach. This way I can grab one bag when needed.

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks FT. Sounds like a reconnaissance trip to Bass Pro / Cabelas on the way to the lake.