Tampa Bay Spanish Mack attack

shadygradycapn

Reaction score
Decided to get a little Friday evening fishin in for a change, so I grabbed my son and out we went. A friend had alerted me to the fact that Pepe LaPue was in the area stinking up the grouper bite today, so on our way out to the channel I was scanning for birds and bait. Man did we find them. Acres of spanish mackeral. One after the other, with an occasional ladyfish mixed in. Great fun for a 6 year old (and his dad). Nothing big, but lots of 'em and nonstop action. All caught on a little gold spoon on 25 lb flouro leader. Only got bit off once! Here's my trusty first mate with a couple we took home. Notice the "serious fisherman" expression.

Fishing9-28-07005.jpg

We were going to troll for gags, but the wind really started kickin and it was getting dark so we just went back in and took our time cleaning the blood, slime and ladyfish poop off the boat. Looks like the rest of the weekend will be rough so I'm glad we snuck this one in.

jaydub

Reaction score
Price of one lost gold spoon= $4.00
Cost of gas for a trip to find the fish= $75.00
Seeing the expression on your son's face after catching the macks=priceless

Nice job!

islandfly

Reaction score
jaydub said:
Price of one lost gold spoon= $4.00
Cost of gas for a trip to find the fish= $75.00
Seeing the expression on your son's face after catching the macks=priceless

Nice job!

Great pictures, there is nothing like a child with a smile when catching fish!! Take care...

Capt. R. Reyes
Tampa