Taxachusetts strikes again!!!

Greatty

Reaction score
If you live in Mass., don't forget the increase in your trailer registration fee this year. Mine went from $50.00 renewal fee last year to $80.00 this year! An increase of over 50% for what? - Bob

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sorry but if you voted for the politican that increased your taxes don't bitch about it and do something about it next election. For those in Mass, at leat you don't have property taxes like us in NJ.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If I was getting a return value for all of the taxes we are forced to pay it would be easier to take. Most of the $$$$$ goes to entitlement progams that have been in place for generations with little or no results other than emptying our pockets. The well is on the verge of going dry yet these pols keep finding more ways to generate tax $$$ all the while padding their benefits and retirements. Term limits IS THE ONLY WAY to stop this cancer that is spreading throughout our country. The day that the "takers" outnumber the "givers" you can close the curtain....... the show is over. :x

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
California is beyond broke but they still can't cut programs and get a positive cash flow. Saving the wildflowers along highways is nice but if you can't afford it you shouldn't do it, period. NY isn't that far behind California and yet states like these expect the Federal Government to bail them out. So every state that keeps their budget in check has to pay for those who don't want to, isn't that a slap in the face.

California has a pretty simple solution, drill baby drill and use the oil profits to pay down their debt. The state is against drilling so cut baby cut your spending for all but the bare essentials but you know that isn't going to happen.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tag team match: Kerry & Frank vs. Pelosi & Boxer. Put them in a cage and hope NONE of them come out. :D

Fishtales

Reaction score
Zeb,
That would be one battle, an idiot, a fool, a witch, and brothel boy fudge. A steel cage match where no body is allowed out.....

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I get just as tired of being taxed on everything the politicians can think of as the next person but I honestly don't understand the outrage at having to purchase a fishing license. In South Carolina we're only talking $10 per year for a saltwater resident license. With the state of economic affairs with our state and local governments this money does go towards keeping this resource available for our enjoyment and future generations enjoyment. The license fees are just a small fraction of what is actually needed.

I can understand the opposition to having "another" tax or fee placed on us but a license does seem a small price to pay compared to everything else "marine" that we purchase.

Just my 2 cents.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
X2-

Posted: Dec Tue 01, 2009 3:57 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I was getting a return value for all of the taxes we are forced to pay it would be easier to take. Most of the $$$$$ goes to entitlement progams that have been in place for generations with little or no results other than emptying our pockets. The well is on the verge of going dry yet these pols keep finding more ways to generate tax $$$ all the while padding their benefits and retirements. Term limits IS THE ONLY WAY to stop this cancer that is spreading throughout our country. The day that the "takers" outnumber the "givers" you can close the curtain....... the show is over.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Grog said:
Sorry but if you voted for the politican that increased your taxes don't bitch about it and do something about it next election. For those in Mass, at leat you don't have property taxes like us in NJ.[/quote

Hate to say it but I lived in NJ twice and my taxes for the same size house in MA are 2K more. Not that we want to win that argument but it is a crazy state to live in

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Really? How long ago was that? The taxes have about doubled in the last 10 years, the state average is now about $8K. My dad has a house in Chatham MA and he pays less than 1/4 of my tax. Some towns (few and far between) have very resonable taxes but they have other means of income (businesses, meadow lands,...)

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Zebulon said:
When you get a few minutes do a quick study of the information compiled here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_tax_ ... ted_States

It is very eye-opening.

But unless you read the fine print it can be a bit misleading at face value.

This thread is about what individuals pay in taxes and as an average NJ is the highest in the country, followed by NY and Ct. Ma is 23rd. Since this is an average it can be equally misleading since the highs, lows and medians etc. are not considered.

For more insight
http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/335.html
and
http://www.taxfoundation.org/publicatio ... 22320.html

The bottom is that we all pay too much in taxes :evil:

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I understand that the money is supposed to go to Fisheries management, but all too often money intended for one purpose finds it's way elsewhere. $10.00 is a minor fee but it is just a start to make it easier to swallow at first. My trailer registration went up to $160.00 this year (I just checked with the Admiral). That is for 1 year. Cars are half that for 2 years! It won't stop! I am for term limits and whenever I enter the pols, If your and incumbant you never get my vote. I am a Democrat by nature but this state has forgotten what the Democratic party is supposed to stand for - The working stiffs of America.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I hear ya......... ALL of the gas tax money is supposed to go directly towards the maintenance of bridges and roads. When was the last time you took a ride and didn't have the teeth rattled out of your head. I won't even start on the Turnpike..... :x

Tashmoo

Reaction score
HOT off the state legislature taxation press. The state of Massachusetts legislature just passed yet another tax this one will tax the existence of Condo Associations.

Local Motion

Reaction score
???

romex said:
Welcome to our world . Here in Charleston S.C. we have had a saltwater fishing license for at least the past 10yrs. $10.00 , however it was to fish from a vessels only. Now you must purchase the same to fish from a dock ( your own ) included , the river bank etc. Boats are taxed every year my 1988 sailfish 252 ( $260.00 ) , outboards are taxed ( 10%) of value each , then theres the registration fees ( $35 ) , HMS permit ($20 ). South carolina also enjoys the rite of taking your boat for none tax payment and selling it on the court house steps for the tax amount, even if you haven't used it in several years and it' :evil: s sitting in your yard on a trailer. Our county auditor also has a person that rides around in a boat looking for boats that have been in county waters for more than 120 days, one lawyer just got billed $ 387,000 dollars

That is unbelieveable, a horror story.
I suppose the rest of us have nothing to complain about.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
All of these States & the Federal Govt. ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!
In Massachusetts we will have the opportunity to start righting the ship in the January special election. It is IMPERATIVE that Scott Brown win this election. We NEED to send a strong message and instill some fear in the sitting incumbants that we have had enough!!! If ANY of the others succeed it will only add to the madness.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
As a follow up, regarding taxing the condominium associations. They are required by law, I don't know of any that are or ever were operating in the black. Leave it to Massachusetts to tax entities that have never, and will never make a dime, for their right to exist.
I have a better idea.....let's start taxing church and private school property. They've had a free ride for too long while enjoying taxpayer funded services. I'll hold my breath and wait for this to happen. :roll: