Teak and Holley Sole Replacement

Motivator

Reaction score
Part of our normal beach routine includes kids using my boat as a diving board and bathroom, in that order. After five and a half years of use I have had to replace my macerator twice and now have to replace my teak and holley sole due to rot. Has anyone done this project before? I am looking at Nuteak products and would like to get opinions on their products or other similar products. I really want to go with a synthetic due to the conditions it is subjected to. Also, the existing flooring is held in place with Plexis and I need advise on how to remove without damaging fiberglass.

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mine is a little more than five years old and looks pretty good. I'm not sure how it was installed originally, but I guess I'll find out some day.

Sorry I could not offer any help.

DaleH

Reaction score
Motivator said:
Has anyone done this project before?
Not to a GW, but "if this board allows cross-posting", here's an install of Plasteak on a Parker boat. I am considering doing this to my boat over the Winter and this post makes Pasteak look like the way to go!

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/vie ... 11&t=10787

For the record, I own/run the Classic Parker forums and bought a GW Tournament model, so I have both boats right now.

Fishtales

Reaction score
It should be fairly simple to replace. It is a one piece liner almost like a piece of plywood. It should be glued in place and then caulked around the sides. Cut the caulking out and then work it loose in one area, you should be able to pull it up.

Motivator

Reaction score
FT's I hope you are right. I am currently waiting on the Plasteak rep to send me some samples.