Teak Trim - Tourney 190

eric

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a 1988 tournament 190. It still has the original teak which looks quite weathered and is cracking/chipped. I am replacing the instrument panel and the captains/passenger seats have already been replaced. Needless to say I need to do something with the teak trim. I was considering going with some sort of plastic material instead of teak (like the newer models). Has anyone replaced their teak with a plastic? Any recommendation for the exact material?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
http://www.finaddictmarine.com/ is a good contact. He made some trim from HDPE for the cockpit of my Islander. I cut the pieces to length and installed them. He had the appropriate material for each application. Toe rails, cover board trim and cutting boards were installed.

uncljohn

Reaction score
Just a note, I also have an 88 seafarer, got it 8 years ago, the first summer I did the teak refinishing treatment. It looked AWESOME for about 2 months, and by the end of that summer, it looked like it did when I bought it. So...dn't waste your time on that.

eric

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I have talked to Finaddict Marine (good source) who priced the Starboard. I will probably do that for cleanliness and durability. Not as expensive as I thought either.