Teleflex Seastar/Baystar Factory Rep...

seabob4

Reaction score
This may not be the appropriate way to post this, and I'm sure the admin's will let me know, but due to the fact that I am "in the business", I have enlisted the help of Teleflex's Technical Support Supervisor, my good friend Marc Adams, to lend support on my site, The Proline Guy.... He has his own forum where you can direct your questions directly to him, as opposed to the "other" site that has way to much bashing and traffic. Marc has helped me and solved many of my issues with factory installs over the years, and Teleflex is just now realizing that they need to get involved in the boating forums due to the impact they actually do have out in the boating world.

Please join, see what a bunch of Proline owners have to say (and 1 production engineer!), quite a few Aquasport owners over there (very knowledgeable!), and a lot more friendly environment in which to ask Marc your questions.

Admins? Yea or Nae?... :?

Bob C

seabob4

Reaction score
richie rich said:
I say yea....good technical advice is universal....no matter who's boat you own

Thanks Rich, just trying to help...and get my bosses to own up that my site beats the hell out of the facebook crap they started on Prolines site 2 weeks ago!

But in all sincerity, my goal is to try and help owners of whatever boat they may own to feel a little more confident in themselves to tackle the issues that their boat presents them...and spend more time on the water with less worries!

Bob C

timberxx

Reaction score
Yes I did mean bleed the system. I did reference your website, and saw the instructions. But a video would be a great addition.

Hoghunter

Reaction score
Marc is a top rate guy. He's always been very responsive and helpful to me for years with my steering questions.

Seastar is lucky to have him.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
ask them why do they use chrome-moly steering cylinders, that always leak and scratch

I rebuild 10 a year!!!!

they need to find a good supply of 316 stainless

seabob4

Reaction score
JUST-IN-TIME said:
ask them why do they use chrome-moly steering cylinders, that always leak and scratch

I rebuild 10 a year!!!!

they need to find a good supply of 316 stainless

Obviously it's a matter of cost, to Teleflex. The scratches on the cylinder are what cause the seals to tear, resulting in leaks from the endcaps.

I shall pose this question to Marc and see what his response is. It most likely is out of his hands as it sounds more like a development engineering decision rather than a post-sale technical issue.

Pete1313

Reaction score
I'm all for tech support being a part of this forum. In fact, this has already benefited me becuase one of my technical questions was answered just a few days ago!

Keep up the good work!