Telescopic Outrigger Poles w/ OEM Mounts

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Has anyone used any of the name brand telescoping poles (1-1/2" x 15' or 1-1/2" x 18') on the stock Grady mounts? Appears the stock mounts are 2" and was wondering if anyone came up with a way to adapt the 1-1/2" pole to the 2" mount.

I'm tired of taking them down every time I go out of the inlet to fit under (3) bridges.

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
The side mount. The tube to insert is 2". With the telescoping poles to its 6' minimum I believe it will be under my mast light which makes bridges.

Outrigger Mount.jpg

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I haven't used mine yet on the 265, as I have to rerig them. But when I was looking at them, the base of the poles are different on each side. Like they are side specific.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I haven't used mine yet on the 265, as I have to rerig them. But when I was looking at them, the base of the poles are different on each side. Like they are side specific.
that don't sound right. Lee wishbone jrs are the same base on both sides. poles are interchangeable.

Yo can pull a pin to rotate them down to the transom to get under bridges

I understand the OP question.. He wants to put telescoping poles in 2" Lee Wishbone bases. Most telescoping poles are for 1.125 or 1.5" or 1.65" top mount (sidewinder) bases.
I don't have an answer except to look at Lee's site and other sites for 2" or an adapter.

Last edited:

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
that don't sound right. Lee wishbone jrs are the same base on both sides. poles are interchangeable.

Yea but ideally would like to keep them at them at lowest point unless using them. I'll come up with something or just go the hard top mount route.

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265

Hmm, I'll have to look again, but I'm 99% certain the base of poles were different between one another. Unless there is an insert to the base that stuck to one?

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I can't see why a welding shop could not make some sort of adapter that would work. Now, would it be worth the effort/cost compared to a set of top mounts?