terrible day

CWOT

Reaction score
we flew in our bonnie up to Nantucket today to look at a grady boat for sale. IFR all the way, we crossed over JFK at 8500 Flight level in a complete whiteout trusting to our instrument panel to make the trip out the sound in the whiteout, landed with only 650 foot visability at KACK using the ILS guidance before touchdown with strong winds. The wife said, "this boat better be worth the trip". Sigh, it wasn't, dealer left out a few important issues. I owe her one. The flight back was just as bad with thunderstom dodging and high winds.

Fish Tank

Reaction score
Me at 21N on a much nicer day.
Camera021.jpg

striped bass

Reaction score
The fog was pea soup all along our CT/R.I. shore yesterday. Not a great day for flying or boating for sure.

What model and year Grady were you looking at on Nantucket? What important issues did the dealer omit?

CWOT

Reaction score
striped bass said:
The fog was pea soup all along our CT/R.I. shore yesterday. Not a great day for flying or boating for sure.

What model and year Grady were you looking at on Nantucket? What important issues did the dealer omit?

first impressions are everything, it was out in the open, no cover, the boat was filthy,
had not been bottom painted for 3 years and it showed, we had been told the boat was very clean.
i think they did not expect us so quickly after our phone call.
if the visuals are bad the hidden stuff must be bad too, we passed.

what are we looking for? we have a 10000 lb lift at the house and that is our limit with all gear, fuel, etc
late model with low hours, 25 to 28 feet, electronics and fishing gear are not important. cash deal

we have a couple of other boats to go see
wife says, let's wait for a break in the weather meanwhile here is your honey-do list for the weekend.

CWOT

Reaction score
21n

hi fish tank, nice looking plane
been into hto, never 21n, maybe give it a look this summer?

Fish Tank

Reaction score
Maybe sooner- I went to look at a job (I own a landscape co) this morning and saw a nice looking Grady for sale. I'll get you the details and some pics as I'll be in the area again possibly today, if not tomorrow.
Plane is based at FOK but I was picking up someone for a ride at 21N that day. Another great place to go by boat or plane is BID.
Old Harbor by air
HeathersAir054.jpg

Same spot, my big boat
4c149b9.jpg

CWOT

Reaction score
runway 10 bid block, love it, flown over, never landed by plane but many times for BI week by Jboat, booze parties on the beach, i remember one barrel of whiskey sours that seemed to perfectly remove the days racing fore-deck mistakes. ah those college daze, yes daze, when everything was possible, no horizon that could not be crossed.

Fish Tank

Reaction score
Block is great. Been visiting for many years but it's getting a bit crowded.

Finally stopped for a quick look and snapped some pics.
1303269428.jpg

1303269455.jpg

1303269548.jpg

1303269520.jpg

1303269541.jpg

2002 265 Express. I have no ties to this but have seen it in the axact same spot for about a year. As I was looking around it the marina owner came out and said it has about 350 hours on the engines and they were looking for high $50's. He also added that there is someone else looking at it, but I kind of think that was "dealer talk". To me, not worth $50's but then again I have other boats. The one defect I noticed quick was the aluminium on the transom had one side pretty corroded and the small swim platform is gone. Before buying I would have the engines pulled to remove the aluminum for further inspection under it or work that into the price negotiations. I do have the marina guys number in my truck if you want it or let me know if you want me to look it over a bit.

CWOT

Reaction score
thanks for all of your troubles, I have the plane up for an annual and scheduled sometime in May I hope. I am looking at another in NJ (car ride), I'll let you know if I am still interested, thanks again.