Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
To all my Grady Friends,
Thank You so much for all your help, advice, and sage words of wisdom to all my questions and posts recently.
I finally inked the deal for my new 2008 Tournament 225 today. I will soon be joining you all as an official owner. Although I'm not anxious to drive up north anytime soon to pick it up in the dead of winter, I also can't wait for spring.
After 20 years of owning Boston Whaler center consoles I can't wait for that C. Raymond Hunt & Associates ride. That's what really convinced me. Their is no comparison between the 225 and my previous Outrage. Although there aren't many of you in my neck of the woods I look forward to being able to getting my questions answered and hopefully helping some of you in return.
Again Thank You!

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'll be sure and do that as soon as I can. Right now the boat is about 5 1/2 hrs north of here and I don't think their weather is too great at the moment. I asked them to send me some pictures just to keep me going till the grass turns green.

striped bass

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Tournament 225. While we're waiting for the pics, perhaps you could tell us what options you selected. But definitely send us some pics when they are available.
I am in the northeast so if you want an up to date weather report please don't hesitate to ask. If you hire a professional hauler they will make sure the 225 arrives safely and securely. I had my 225 and trailer shipped from S.C. to CT without a hitch. I can also make an excellent recommendation for a professional hauler that is bullet proof.
Best of success with your new 225.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sure, here's how it is spec'd
Yamaha 250 TXR
Port Sleeper Seat
Vista Top w/ side curtains
Drop Curtain
Cockpit Bolsters
Livewell
Full Swim Platfrom
Ski Pylon
Stereo/CD
Port side footrest to match helm
Lowrance LCX 38C HD w/ 200kHz
ICOM 504 VHF w/ 8ft ant.
Eagle G-22-58-TTB Galvanized trailer w/ elec over hyd disc brakes, LED lights, Spare tire & wheel

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Way to GO Capt. Chris! ...very happy for you! I know from personal experience - its a big leap... I hope you enjoy it - and definitely post some pics!

viperdrum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
North? I assume not Southeastern. Good luck--the 225 is a great all purpose boat.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
OK Chris...Twin Cities??..You said "North."

I hope it's Al & Co...

I'm working on getting my "Honorary Dealer" T-shirt from them..

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
magicalbill said:
OK Chris...Twin Cities??..You said "North."

I hope it's Al & Co...

I'm working on getting my "Honorary Dealer" T-shirt from them..
Sorry Bill, it's Beaver Park. They had a 2008 they had ordered for the Sandusky show back in September according to my spec. I couldn't buy it then because I hadn't sold my Whaler yet. They still had it and we were able to put things together. It worked out really well because they're my closest dealer anyway. I never thought I'd be glad about having my closest dealer 350 miles away! I am really excited about getting it. It should be rigged out and the trailer should be ready in about a month or so. I just hope the weather breaks up there for the tow back to KY. Pat Grasso and his son Shawn have been nothing but great to deal with. I couldn't be happier the way things have turned out. Like all of you all, I just can't wait for Spring!

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
CONGRATULATIONS on the new Grady.

Looks like a nice equipment list.

If I may make one comment. Dealers don't always use the best stuff when a brand isn't specified, and "8-ft antenna" may mean a SeaChoice.

Strongly recommend a Digital 529V, or even a top-model Shakespeare.

Do it right the first time.

And again, congratulations.

Brian

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Enjoy ! Enjoy ! Enjoy !

I like it when a plan comes together.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Oh my, a new Grady - lucky man! Congrats.

The 225 is so much nicer than the 205, you can actually use the head on the bigger one. We really liked that model, were really torn between the tournament and WA's. It's worked out well for us though, we've ended up doing the majority of our outings on the ocean and the extra protection has been a real bonus. That's a real party boat for sure!

Dogwood

Reaction score

Capt.,

I too placed a deposit on an order towards a 225 for spring delivery wihtout even sea trialing one, if you can believe such silliness. I trialed a 205 as no 225's were in stock and the next closest dealer was 300 miles away. The 205 was nice but the 225 posted reviews (including yours) were much better so I went for it. Got the F250. Hope I like it especially since the dementia is clearly setting in at the tender age of 48. Great Lakes/ St. Clair / 2 foot chop city boater. Traded in an '86 228 Seafarer.
Can't wait and sure hope I like it!!!!!

Dogwood

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ocnslr said:
CONGRATULATIONS on the new Grady.

Looks like a nice equipment list.

If I may make one comment. Dealers don't always use the best stuff when a brand isn't specified, and "8-ft antenna" may mean a SeaChoice.

Strongly recommend a Digital 529V, or even a top-model Shakespeare.

Do it right the first time.

And again, congratulations.

Brian
You're right. I spec'd a Shakespeare Galaxy 5225 XT w/ a 6dB gain. But thanks for the heads up.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: 225

Dogwood said:
Capt.,

I too placed a deposit on an order towards a 225 for spring delivery wihtout even sea trialing one, if you can believe such silliness. I trialed a 205 as no 225's were in stock and the next closest dealer was 300 miles away. The 205 was nice but the 225 posted reviews (including yours) were much better so I went for it. Got the F250. Hope I like it especially since the dementia is clearly setting in at the tender age of 48. Great Lakes/ St. Clair / 2 foot chop city boater. Traded in an '86 228 Seafarer.
Can't wait and sure hope I like it!!!!!

Dogwood
Dogwood,
What really did it for me was when we went to the Sandusky show last September. We sea trialed a 225 out in Lake Erie on a particularly blustery day with a nasty, uneven chop. The 225 handled it like nothing I've ever been on for its size. No pounding, no slapping. I've had Whalers for 20 yrs and my 21 Outrage couldn't hold a candle to it in terms of ride quality. I'm really looking forward to being able to get out of the weather with the Vista Top and curtains. We have a cabin @ the lake so we never sleep on the boat ergo the Tournament instead of a WA. Strictly a day boat. Who was your dealer and how did you order it equipment wise?