Thanks! - fuel line replacement

BigI

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone that contributes to the forum. I just got around to replacing my fuel lines. Boy did they need it. I researched the forum for any tips I could find.

The job went smoothly because I knew what to expect each step of the way and the little tricks I learned worked great. Like splicing the new and old hose using a dowel, excellent!

Thanks again!!!

Mariner

Reaction score
Well Done. Not the easiest job to complete. Did you change out the vent lines also? If you have any additional tidbits of information to assist the next person, feel free to add them to your post.

Mariner

BigI

Reaction score
The best advice I have is to go ahead and do the job if you think you need it. I put it off because I didn't want to open a can of worms. It turned out to be pretty straight forward and very very necessary. I couldn't believe how deteriorated the hoses were.

My last task is to reconnect the vent line to the vent and patch the access hole I made to get to the fill. I want to make sure the vent isn't clogged first. On my boat I'm able to reach up under the gunwale to get to the vent.