thanks guys

markb8608

Reaction score
Hi
I took out the live well and cleaned off the thru hulls fittings for the live well and raw water. Hopefully I will get out this weekend if the weather cooperates in Barnegate Bay to see if they are leaking.. The sea cocks look pretty shiny and don't look like they could be leaking. But I figure with the livewell out I should be able to isee if they are the culprit. Everyone has given such good advice.
Keep you posted.
mark

markb8608

Reaction score
Removed Live well to see if thru hull connections leaked

Hi
I ran the boat for 7 hours after removing the live well. I did not see any leaking from the thru hull connections. I guess if it is not the thru hulls in the keel then it must be one of the others around the sides?
That is not going to be fun .How do I see the connections without a couple of mirrors and a rocking boat.
Another small (irritating) issue is the dash electrical switches for live well and raw water. I don't think anything is "custom" so GW must have installed the switches. I have two separate pumps (live well and raw water) but I cannot operate the raw water wash down without the live well also on? I guess my fist concern is where are two-3 gallons of water comming from.
Mark

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A friend managed to find the culprit by putting a garden hose into each through-hull fitting while I got my hand on some part of the connecting hose inside the hull.

Rob

Mike L

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mark:
I had a problem on an older boat of mine where the brass through hull of the garboard drain had deteriorated to where it leaked around the outside of the fitting even with the plug in.
A trailered boat also, it easily gave me a gallon of water on a day trip. I found it when I noticed the brass would rotate in the transom. Luckily mit happened quick, the transom was still solid. Removed and replaced after drying the transom out. After that it was dry as a bone.
Mike