the grady black is almost ready!

blackgrady

Reaction score
thought i would post a pic after bottom painting the hull today. just finished the new rubrail. we're going to add a keel stripe along the paint line. hopefully we will have her in the water tomorrow, outriggers will be mounted next week. starboard sheets are on their way and we'll be rebuilding the cabin walls and installing a new door. it feels great to almost be there after this 2 year project, and once again i would like to extend my deepest and most sincere appriciation for this board and all of the helpful members!

0123101620.jpg

i'm interested to see the comments about this thing, there can't be too many gradys out there that look like this! i'll get some pictures up after it gets all cleaned up and with a real camera.

steve d.
indian river, de
trophy pro.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Never seen another!

blackgrady! hello from NW FL! Defintely different and quite an uusal choice of colors. I know that you put in a lot of hard work. The main thing is that you like it! I think the cabin may be quite warm in summer. 8)

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Black,
Looking good! I've seen a few non-Gradys with this color combo but never a GW. What year and model is your boat?

richie rich

Reaction score
thats pretty gutsy going with black....when done right a boat can stand out in a crowd for sure as every detail shows through.....can't wait to see the finished product...what are you planning on using for bootstripe and lettering colors? what paint system did you use? Did you spray or roll and tip?

blackgrady

Reaction score
its going to be a 1 1/2 white solid stripe around the paint line.

as far as the paint, its immaculate. the paint quality rivals what is on our vehicles. it was awgrip that was sprayed on with 5 coats of clear. it was professionally done by jims marine in ocean city md. we bought the boat totalled, as the guys who owned it was heading to the white marlin open a little wastey face and hit the outer wall in lewes, ripping a hole in the starboard side. so the hole was fixed and the boat sprayed afterwards. it was either paint it or re gel coat it. both our cars are black with black wheels, i don't know what it is but its just my style.

its an 85 trophy pro with 86 evinrude 200's that were in storage for 10 years and have 250 hours each, verified by service records. they fire first strike every time. we rebuild the lower units, new water pumps, thermostats, trim motors, starters, etc etc etc. and of course, filled the holes on the hoods and painted them black.

i'll post some pictures tomorrow, its going to be her first sea trial in 10 years. :D

boaty.jpg

m_9039611c8f4d44875969ecc93a6d5218.jpg

richie rich

Reaction score
Professionally sprayed Awlgrip including clear? Thats gonna look awesome on the water....we definitely need detailed pictures.

sickday

Reaction score
That is cool! Get some black custom rims for your trailer too!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I see you acquired outriggers, missed seeing your PM.

Sorry about that.

blackgrady

Reaction score
i know someone else that might be interested if you still have them. i messed up. i bought the lee jrs and got 1 1/2 inch 19ft outriggers with spreaders....so im trying to come up with a reducer or a sleeve to make them fit.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Try fitting a section of standard PVC pipe, you may get lucky on the standard sizes available.

I believe my original poles are 18 ft and have a long cap over the end to fit into the Lee Jrs.

Alibi II

Reaction score
Black Grady

Beautiful looking job on the paint. I've never used it but I understand that the awlgrip is about as good as it gets. I have the Lee 18' outriggers on our grady and they also have an expansion sleeve that allows them to fit the holders. This proides a surface that is slicker for installation and removal as well as providing a little shock relief when you are running rather then the metal on metal. We have had good luck with them. I'm anxious to see the final pictures. The black roms on the trailer really would liik sharp. Great job.