The Grady Has Landed

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Actually it landed about three weeks ago. Didn’t get it washed and shrink wrapped in the US. Had it washed here for about half the price but added a week and a half. Then I was away for a week and spent last week sorting out the brake controller which still isn’t working.
So I was finally able to pick it up yesterday. A brake controller the couldn’t detect the trailer wasn’t going to stop me.

It is really clean and well looked after. Receipts for every cent he spent on it. Laminated instructions for all electronics. Clears and upholstery look like new. He had the motor cowling re-sprayed and decals replaced. Replaced the lower leg as it had some surface corrosion. He was very anal and I’m not complaining.

If I get new striping and decals it will look like a new boat. Has anyone used decals from an online store like Replacement Decals. I assume Grady White wouldn’t have decals from 2006. Will get it detailed and am thinking about getting a ceramic coating. Don’t know how much though.

The only problem is they transported the two spares on the deck in BLACK plastic bags so they wouldn’t mark the deck. I now have 3 black rings on the deck. Gave it a good scrubbing but couldn’t get rid of them. Hopefully the detailing can remove them.

Before I get it wet I need to re-install the radar dome. Get the brake controller sorted. Get the trailer inspected prior to registration remove the Rhode Island registration numbers and buy and apply the Queensland rego numbers. Have a long weekend this week but have promised to oil the deck which means the weather will be perfect.

I am very happy with it. It was worth the wait.

Attachments

• 698C3CF9-9791-4692-AB55-ED65744B83C6.jpeg
    698C3CF9-9791-4692-AB55-ED65744B83C6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Congrats, looks like a clean ride. I replaced my stripes and cabin sides on mine. Bought the stripes through my Grady dealer, picked up the cabin side decals from eBay vendor.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the club. When I got my first Grady they were very rare here , now we have a dealer here in Sydney and every time I go out I see several .

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Congrtulations - the boat looks great! Grady dealers have lots of stripes the best way to match them is to bring a section of your own stripe to match. Suppose it is not that critical to get an exact match if your redoing the whole boat.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Nice boat and welcome! Now go catch fish and post lots of pictures!;)

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Very nice!....I think you will find that the quality of the genuine Grady decal stripes are superior to most aftermarket stripes.