THE NEW GUY WITH A 1982 226 seafarer

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
Eeryone im new to this site, and would like to say hello. i am still young but have purchased this boat making it my first boat to own. Although i have been the driver of many of friends boats. I am still in the process of learning, even though im am still young... although with that being said when were young we know it all lol. I have takin a few pics off my cell phone and i am going to try and post them on the first try lol. :D

thanks CAPT. DORADO

port%20side.jpg

PORT SIDE
from%20the%20bow.jpg

BOW OF THE BOAT
driver%20area.jpg

CAPTINS CHAIR
back%20deck.jpg

BACK DECK
rear.jpg

ENGINE SHOT
starboard%20side.jpg

STARBOARD SIDE

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
yes sir...... thanks and im hoping to clean it up a little more i am restoring all the teak right now, and am going to give that 3m glecoat renew a try

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
My Old Grady

She may be an "Oldie" but no doubt she is a "Goodie"! My '87 Sailfish has been around too. No substitute for experience! I know that you will love her!

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
haha yeah thanks man. this is the first boat i ever fished in the gulf on. it was my granpa's and he sold it to me. I love the boat, ive been redoing all the teak and upgrading a few things for next season i cannot wait. thanks guys

CAPT. DORADO

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Wood is good!

Young man you seem to have a great attitude. My old Saifish is loaded with teak. I have refinished most of all it. Also I added a lot of extra wood here and there. I replaced the old gunwale pads in the rear with wood. My bow pulpit is teak (came from Grady that way) and the full size rear swim deck is teak. I put in a new stereo system mounted in a new exotic wood enclosure. Also encased some additional speakers in pretty wood. Every one loves all the wood. They say it gives my old Grady that "Pirate Ship" look. I will try to post some pictures of it all soon. It's great that your boat has been part of your family and now you are keeping it in the family!

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
thank you sir... yeah its a good ole boat. i cant wait to get done with the teak i will make the boat look awsome. and yeah post some pics sometime id like to take a look. im always getting ideas off this fourm its awsome man