Theft attempt on F250's

tuxedospike

Reaction score
Went to the Marina today to plug up the shore power and run the charger. That done I noticed that the F250's didn't look "right" from the pilot's chair, sort of one east the other west...walked back and saw the steering conector rod was disconnected and allowing the engines to "Splay". The boat is kept on the dry bunks so I dismounted and took a closer look...the engines were leaning back from the transom about 2.5" at the top bolt and loose at tne bottom. All the engine bolt nuts were on the ground and those light, little kickers were just hanging there. Someone, a real Yamaha fan, must have been distracted in the middle of removing my engines. I'm very lucky in that they didn't get to shearing the cables yet. I'll be investigating security devices that will prevent this sort of leasure activity so if anyone has suggestions please feel free to reply. In the mean time I can only say that I'll be spending a few random nights on the boat in case of a return visit...oh, I won't be alone, Mr. Mossberg will be with me!

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
WOW! Sorry to hear that Tux. !@#$% A**holes will steal anything. That is the first I have heard of trying to take engines off a boat. I would think they would need some sort of garage crane or such. Must be pros. Glad they left empty handed. :twisted: :evil: :x

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
a deal like that sounds to me like its most likely in inside job- need a fork lift to get a 600 lbs motor off the back of a boat- and i doubt someone could just drive one into the marina without drawing attention!

...either way the whole thing sucks, but if and when you introduce the knucklehead to mr. mossberg- use a pump- by far one if the most noticeable sounds on the planet :wink:

catch22

Reaction score
Here's my fantasy....

Apprehend them at gun point. Take them deep into the woods, tie them to a tree and tell them, "So... you guys like to steal? Well.... me too. I need new shoes and I really like yours" :lol: "Ya' all don't mind if I hack your f@*&%in feet off at the ankles to get em... do ya?" :eek: After you saw-zaw their feet off, untie them and say, "let me see you steal something now, you bottom feeding, motha %$@#!%, scum bags"!

Sorry... don't want to make a joke about something as serious as this, but, honestly.... I'd want blood!

jimmy's marine service

Reaction score
sad...

a marina in cape may,bree,zee,lee had an incident like this.one of their stored for the winter boats,had a pair of 4 stroke engines stolen from it...a very profesional job too,absolutley nothing was cut or broken.funny thing was,the way the boats are stored,transom to transom and smack next to each other,i never figured how they got the motors off,let alone around the front of the boat :? :?

i would be twisted over this...trust me guys,somone's azz would be getting kicked... :twisted:

TBone

Reaction score
You need to get an alligator to live on board like

Crocket had on Miami Vice!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, did you notify the Police and give them

heads up of this attempt? Did they try and get any prints?

Not trying to ask a stupid question of you, but you'd be surprised

how many times people havent reported "attempted" larceny

of their property until it has actually been stolen. Thats not a real help.

The knowledge of the activity helps in giving Police something to prevent.

Also we LOVE catching them in the act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good luck getting the police to dive into an attempted theft. I had a full hand print (in blood) on the roof of my car and all they did was shrug their shoulders.

Look in the right place and you'll find 2 guys to lift off and carry away the engine.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Gets the nuts welded, then they will have to make noise getting them out. Many years ago they were stealing car bumpers up here and grills of certain cars right on the street or driveways in the middle of the night, only solution was to get the hardware welded in place. Insurance takes care of the rest.

Noise is the enemy, if in earshot of others.

I can tell you a way to rig the engines so the SOBs will get electrocuted or at least become sterile, but they would take me away in chains, probably knock off a few squirrels along the way.

I agree on the linebacker types being able to walk off with it silently and dropping in a pickup. With the right sling, I'd say three guys per engine.
I bet on the day of the attempt, no such qualified help was available so the subsitutes last second didn't want the hernias.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think your next purchase should be Woody Wax.

Woody Wax is great when applied properly to a wet, clean deck and allowed to dry. It forms a non-stick wax coating that is not slippery when wet like other waxes would be. Using Woody Wax, as directed, will make washing the perp's blood off your cockpit deck an easy task.

striped bass

Reaction score
Tux:
Take future precautions. On another thread a new F250 was hoisted from a GW on Long Island. Unfortunately, the thieves took the whole boat, lifted the engine and then dumped the boat.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Replace the decals with the F200 or F225 markings, that will do it!

A buddy of mine was in a really bad but dirt cheap marina, bought a new 40 hp for his 16 fter, he painted it dark blue so no one would notice it was a new engine. That's what reminded me of the decals.

johngw

Reaction score
That sucks. It is unreal what people can do today. If im not mistaken there is a lock you can purchase that you install on one of the mounting bolts for under $35.00..

deltarome

Reaction score
I saw a couple of boats at a marine dealer that had their transoms chain sawed apart. they did that faster than unboltinig the engines!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I can't believe the number of d-bags running around these days. One only hopes the next one they pull manages to come down and crush the SOB. It is time for someone to innovate a small silent gps transmitter to be developed to allow tracking like lojac.

The cutting of transoms should be a capital crime. Cut them up and use them for lobster bait...

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
johngw said:
That sucks. It is unreal what people can do today. If im not mistaken there is a lock you can purchase that you install on one of the mounting bolts for under $35.00..

Then they cut the transom... or put sugar in the gas for pissing them off.

TBone

Reaction score
Fishtales said:
Sorry to hear. I can't believe the number of d-bags running around these days. One only hopes the next one they pull manages to come down and crush the SOB.

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the sad thing is there is nothing we can do about it.
When we do actually catch them for stuff like that, these Liberal
C@#k $ckn' judges we have today just slap them with a fine at
best, if they dont just dismiss the case all tohether and send
them on there way to steal more of our stuff!!!

This country is getting out of control it is so sad :cry:
It seems like the only people the courts want to go after these
days are people like all of us, people who have something they
can take from. And let me tell you any little thing any of us ever
possibly get caught up in will make the front page!!!!!

Its a sad state when I can lock someone up twice in one day
for commiting two different felonies, oh and God forbid if the crook
happens to be an illegal immigrant. One illegal we grabbed for motor
vehicle violations had already been deported once and had two
outstanding felony warrants out of Texas and was listed for deportation, good grab right?
WRONG! I.C.E. didnt want to extradite him so he was released on $40 bail.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sorry to rant guys but this just a little taste of what we are up against
and let me tell you its frustrating. You wouldnt believe the S#!t
I see daily on the streets, there soooo many people who are living on our checks
today, and they have turned it into a way of life not a temporary assist.
And if your not working all day you can get bored, so why not rob those
who arent around because they are at work! Who says crime dosent pay?
Thousands of people in this country get a check every month for
being a criminal.

Anyways A Grady White is a great investment for mental well being away
from everyday poop! PROTECT IT BY ALL MEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I will :twisted: :twisted:

Cant wait for the season to start!! Come on Green Grass and High Tides!! :D
Hey I just think I named my boat :idea:
"Green Grass and High Tides" 8)

jimmy's marine service

Reaction score
TBone said:
Fishtales said:
Sorry to hear. I can't believe the number of d-bags running around these days. One only hopes the next one they pull manages to come down and crush the SOB.

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the sad thing is there is nothing we can do about it.
When we do actually catch them for stuff like that, these Liberal
C@#k $ckn' judges we have today just slap them with a fine at
best, if they dont just dismiss the case all tohether and send
them on there way to steal more of our stuff!!!

This country is getting out of control it is so sad :cry:
It seems like the only people the courts want to go after these
days are people like all of us, people who have something they
can take from. And let me tell you any little thing any of us ever
possibly get caught up in will make the front page!!!!!

Its a sad state when I can lock someone up twice in one day
for commiting two different felonies, oh and God forbid if the crook
happens to be an illegal immigrant. One illegal we grabbed for motor
vehicle violations had already been deported once and had two
outstanding felony warrants out of Texas and was listed for deportation, good grab right?
WRONG! I.C.E. didnt want to extradite him so he was released on $40 bail.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sorry to rant guys but this just a little taste of what we are up against
and let me tell you its frustrating. You wouldnt believe the S#!t
I see daily on the streets, there soooo many people who are living on our checks
today, and they have turned it into a way of life not a temporary assist.
And if your not working all day you can get bored, so why not rob those
who arent around because they are at work! Who says crime dosent pay?
Thousands of people in this country get a check every month for
being a criminal.

Anyways A Grady White is a great investment for mental well being away
from everyday poop! PROTECT IT BY ALL MEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I will :twisted: :twisted:

Cant wait for the season to start!! Come on Green Grass and High Tides!! :D
Hey I just think I named my boat :idea:
"Green Grass and High Tides" 8)

you can't be serious !!! you lock an illegal up twice in one day,and he gets released on $40 bail ???? :roll: :roll: man i feel bad for you,it's gotta be frustrating being a cop sometimes....
this is a true story...
about 10yrs ago,somone broke into my house,stole everything from inside,and i mean everything.the same guy broke into about 5 other houses in the area,i was on vacation...one of the local cops told me who it was...it was amazing how fast i got my stuff back when i went to "discuss" the matter with this guy...the cops were actually on a first name basis with him :shock: i don't understand what has happened to this world,you can't tell somone they're wrong,it's not politically correct,you can't correct your kid,that's wrong too...jezus h thrice,you can't even defend yourself or your stuff...waaaaaaay too many liberals,and waaaay too many conservatives too...when the government is controlled by the common man,guys like us that actually work for a living and understand how things work,none of this will change,it's actually gonna get worse...look at the choices for the office of president,pretty sad huh ??? :roll:
sorry guys,that's my rant for the day....

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Politicans cater to certain "groups" for votes, they don't care if half of them are here ILEGALLY, the other half is legal and will vote for them. Being a Congressman wasn't meant to be a life-time job but it morphed into a that, but only ones who can change the laws to stop it are the ones doing it. It's not one of the better elections for choices; one has no reason being there, one is HATED by many, and one is let's say not my first choice.

Jimmy, they told you who the thief was but didn't want to do anything? It worked out but you're lucky the stuff wasn't sold off.

Arrested TWICE in one day! Are the judges waiting for the hat-trick?

To keep someone from stealing your engines; store the boat on one of the upper tiers of rack storage. But then you can't see them stealing your electronics.