These hurricanes

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This northeast weather making anybody else nuts. I mean c'mon, flukin' off the Jersey coast has been off the charts and now we're about to lose the last full weekend of the season on top of losing last weekend. And who can believe the picked the friday before labor day to close it!!!!!

sraab928

Reaction score
Im with you - This is driving me crazy. Last weekend small craft advisory all weekend - Now looking for the same mess this weekend plus rain. Yeah us!

wanderer200

Reaction score
Yeah, Yipee!! I have the greatest bluefish tournament on earth this weekend in Long Island Sound. Thats going to be fun,,,,and to add insult to injury, I have to use my center cosole thats beat, as my new grady (with hardtop and full enclosure) is not water ready yet. Dang, figures.
We lost the fluke season it ct 2 weeks ago. :cry:

BTW, CD, That gage panel looks awesome! . . . now I want to replace mine!

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
wanderer, I think it helped alot that the owner of the shop I used was really enthusiastic about a project that was out of his norm. Plus I think he had some boater in him that he was not aware of prior to our conversations.

Finished product

[img]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/cdwood52/100_1991.jpg[/img]

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wood, where do you keep your boat?

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yea man, this weather is getting in the way of weekend fishing. But my freezer has never had so much fluke in it.

Dash panel looks great Wood, Cant wait to start mine this fall along with other projects.

Is that panel blue or black?.

You gonna be out this Sunday/Monday, I am going to goto DDC/OCC merge / myers hole Sunday, but might be to rough for me to venture outside. Will try going outside Mon.
if your out give me a shout on 68/78.

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grog, I'm in Ship Bottom nj. That pic is facing north towards Surf City. You nearby?

sfc, it's blue. What your seeing above that is the ff and gps with my cockpit cover folded up behind them.

Was planning on being in that area friday and sat.
No plan in place for now, just watching.
Outside out of the question till monday.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
cdwood said:
Grog, I'm in Ship Bottom nj. That pic is facing north towards Surf City. You nearby?

sfc, it's blue. What your seeing above that is the ff and gps with my cockpit cover folded up behind them.

Was planning on being in that area friday and sat.
No plan in place for now, just watching.
Outside out of the question till monday.

I remember seeing the dash panel on another pic you had on your photo bucket , looked black in that one. I think inside should be ok, I went out last sat and the just the currents from in the inlet were drifting me in all directions, but man did it produce some nice fish. Will look for ya.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm up in Manasquan. I can get to the boat in under an hour (without traffic) but LBI is so much more laid back. It reminds me of how Pt. Pleasant used to be years ago. Maybe next year we can have a group meet at Tices next year.

richie rich

Reaction score
Just came back from a night bass trip in LI Sound...very wet, very windy..3 bass....and a rip current to sink the USS Nimitz at the race...Dam Hurrican Danny.....where's that nice calm full moon light I've been looking for so close till the end of the season.....