This Hurts.

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
As many of you know, I bought my dream boat last year, a 330 Express, and slapped on some brand new F300s. Other than not getting the family out on it enough, it was going great. Last week my marina, where I rent, tells me I have to buy or get out. If any of you are familiar with Wilmington, NC, you know the population is booming, but the already insufficient number of marinas/slips is stuck and not going to change. Long story short, it's time to buy the slip. While I could swing the boat and the slip, that's more money than I care to have tied up in my hobby. I have come to the purely business decision that I need to sell the 330, buy the slip, and then put a cheaper boat in it.

The good news is that I already found a potential buyer through this site. Seems like a good guy, excited about the boat, and we agreed on a fair price. He's coming this week to check her out/inspect. (Kinda hoping he passes and I get a few more wahoo trips in before she goes!)

The bad news is now I have to find a boat to replace the dream boat. Trying to find something i am excited about (even if less excited) is going to be tough. I always knew what my next boat would be, now I have no clue. Probably going to find an older center console. There is, however, a restored, classic 31 Bertram for sale here in town, though not sure I want to get into all of that. Maybe an older Marlin?

Anyway, no real point to this post other than to lament and maybe gets some thoughts on what the next boat should be. Damn it sucks being fiscally responsible some times! One glimmer of hope I do have is that maybe in a few years when the slip is paid off a 360 Express will be in my budget!

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
gift of the magi.

just remember they aren't making any new waterfront property. they will be making new boats.

good luck, ron

Grady fun 5

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
As many of you know, I bought my dream boat last year, a 330 Express, and slapped on some brand new F300s. Other than not getting the family out on it enough, it was going great. Last week my marina, where I rent, tells me I have to buy or get out. If any of you are familiar with Wilmington, NC, you know the population is booming, but the already insufficient number of marinas/slips is stuck and not going to change. Long story short, it's time to buy the slip. While I could swing the boat and the slip, that's more money than I care to have tied up in my hobby. I have come to the purely business decision that I need to sell the 330, buy the slip, and then put a cheaper boat in it.

The good news is that I already found a potential buyer through this site. Seems like a good guy, excited about the boat, and we agreed on a fair price. He's coming this week to check her out/inspect. (Kinda hoping he passes and I get a few more wahoo trips in before she goes!)

The bad news is now I have to find a boat to replace the dream boat. Trying to find something i am excited about (even if less excited) is going to be tough. I always knew what my next boat would be, now I have no clue. Probably going to find an older center console. There is, however, a restored, classic 31 Bertram for sale here in town, though not sure I want to get into all of that. Maybe an older Marlin?

Anyway, no real point to this post other than to lament and maybe gets some thoughts on what the next boat should be. Damn it sucks being fiscally responsible some times! One glimmer of hope I do have is that maybe in a few years when the slip is paid off a 360 Express will be in my budget!
Give some consideration to a 305 express. I own a 2012 305 and have been on a 330 owned by a friend. The 330 is more roomy but you may be pleasantly surprised by a 305. Don’t know if one would fit your budget but in my opinion you will be pleasantly surprised that it’s not as big a step down as you may think. Just my 2 cents