This weekends catch

phinsup

Reaction score
This is from 12/4 hit the water about 7am, blew past all the boats and headed for deaper water, dropped in about 300 feet of water 10 or 12 miles out and trolled, had a dual hook up, wife and I both reeling, got mine too the boat, was the fattest blackfin tuna i have ever seen, so was hers, got mine in the boat she handed me the rod for hers and he dove strait down and snapped the line.

bout an hour later we had a hit, it was this small dolphin, prolly would have thrown him back normally but the freezer is out of dolphin and it's my fav!

gallery_191_173_31884.jpg

greyg8r

Reaction score
Phinsup,

I envy you east coast guys. To get into 300' on the west coast of Florida, you'd have to go 120 miles +, well beyond the range of my Sailfish.

GT

Reaction score
You can envy the east coast guys, but right now I envy you Floridians. East or west coast.
December 27, my boat's up on blocks, engine winterized, tarped up looking like a giant blue hibernating bear. I cant stand all that potential just sitting there and I swear the boat shoots me dirty looks for taking her out. Like a dog chained to a tree with fields and forest just beyond the 6 feet of chain...damn