THmarine livewell overflow size?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
On my 265 express; the push-in live well overflow tube was missing.
We tried a piece of 1 1/4 sched40 pvc with a threaded coupler. Just didn't fit. Filed it down to make it fit and stay in place(sort of).
The drain is not threaded.

On eBay, saw THMarine ODT-1-DP 1 1/8 push in live well overflow. Some looked wrong, too narrow. Some looked right.
Some said they were 7/8 drain with same pix. Some had pix that showed a treaded fitting not push in.

Ordered one with a pix that looked right. Said 1 1/8 inch.

MXrONXml.jpg

jYSGuC6m.jpg

CjOp4r6m.jpg

WRONG! Vendor says its for a 1 1/8 drain fitting...I guess that has a 7/8 ID???

So I see THMARINE ODT-2-DP 1 1/2 drain (some say 1 5/8). Some pix look about right, some pix look like the one I got.... :bang :bang :bang

On THMarine website...no less confusing. They have a bunch of unidentified pix. If you choose a size from the menu, pix do not change to show you your choice.... :bang :bang :bang :bang

Seeing as they only make 2 sizes I'm guessing I need ODT-2-DP (DP is supposed to mean "push-in" vs threaded)

Anyone been thru this, done that?

seasick

Reaction score
Check the fitting in the baitwell to make sure it is smooth on the inside (it probably is). Measure the inside diameter of that fitting. That is the size you need. The diameter of the actual PVC tube is not important and will be smaller than the bottom of the overflow tube which has a rubber sleeve attached to the tube. The sleeve is a press fit into the drain fitting in the bottom of the baitwell. I just picked up a new tube for 'myother boat' . The hole was 1-1/2 and that the size I bought at a marine supply store. The tube itself has a 'slotted' cap on the top that can be removed to allow the tube to be shortened if necessary . These tubes are available online . Here is one link

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/t-h-mari ... gLtcPD_BwE

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
So I went to the boat and measured the drain...DUH!...instead of taking my brother's guess over the phone like I did before...
The opening is just shy of 1 1/2 inches.
u1PVFvCl.jpg

I will buy the ODT-2-DP 1 1/2 inch Drain Overflow with Push-in fitting.

For other's benefit, I will just warn you that the one that says 1 1/8 Drain (ODT-1-DP) has a 7/8 OD plug as pictured previously.
On eBay you will see them as 1 1/8 and also sometimes as 7/8. Thats what threw me off because I knew I didnt want 7/8 so I ordered one that said 1 1/8.