Throttle cable length

BSartist

Reaction score
Website
bsartist.com
Folks,

I have a 1993 Adventure 20 with a 225 Yamaha Excel motor. I need to replace the throttle cable. Does anyone happen to know what length I would need to order without first removing it to measure? I would rather order it and have it in hand before disabling the vessel.

Thanx
Bill

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Just call GW customer service 252-752-2111...they will be able to tell you the exact length on the spot.....I used them for this same purpose on my son's Spirit 175 last fall...

seasick

Reaction score
If you have the owner's manual, it is listed in the specs. If you don't you can download it from the GW site. I replaced the cables on my 2001 208 this year and discovered that there were two versions of the 208. If the rigging tube is towards the outer hull and the cables run around the back of the batteries, the cable is 20 feet. On some later models including some 2001s, the steering cable rigging tube was moved away from the outermost area about 18 inches inboard. The cables runs don't go around the back of the batteries. In that case the 20 ft cable is a bit long. Grady recommended an 18 which I installed.

BSartist

Reaction score
Website
bsartist.com
Downloaded manual is generic

Thanx for the advice. I checked their site and for 1993, the manual seems generic to numous models and therefore is not helpful. Probably due to it's being an older model year. But the info on how the cable routed is good info. I will check it out before I call Grady in case they ask.