Throttle creep on twins annoying

Sailfish255

Reaction score
Port motor throttle slowly creeps back from 3500 to 3200 rpms while underway. Starboard throttle has no backward resistance and sits where I put it all day long (usually 3500). Nothing electrical in the way and I've tried tightening the nut on the side of the control. All I can gather on my own is that he starboard motor has a decent loop in the motor well and the port one a moderate loop, even when the wheel is all the way over to starboard. Help - one hand on the throttle is driving me nutz.

seasick

Reaction score
Sailfish255 said:
Port motor throttle slowly creeps back from 3500 to 3200 rpms while underway. Starboard throttle has no backward resistance and sits where I put it all day long (usually 3500). Nothing electrical in the way and I've tried tightening the nut on the side of the control. All I can gather on my own is that he starboard motor has a decent loop in the motor well and the port one a moderate loop, even when the wheel is all the way over to starboard. Help - one hand on the throttle is driving me nutz.

There will be a drag adjustment for each side I believe. I am not sure it is a nut. It may be a set screw with a locking nut. What model controls do yoy have?

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Throttle Creep

I adjusted the tensioners that are under the cover of the throttle handles after I installed new cables. It took a little trial and error but worked fine. Don't over tighten them the first time.