Through Hull Transducer Install...

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just like the huge wasted space on models that don't have the optional aux fuel tank.
I was sticking my camera in the front pie hole on my Seafarer, trying to get an idea of my water tank set-up, and I wondered why didn't they at least put a pie plate over the water tank connections, like they did on both ends of the fuel tank hatch.

Socalinsd

Reaction score
Keith where did you get those bait tank hoses, West Marine?

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Getting ready to do this install, when you saying "being mindful of the water pickup" would mounting the transducer in line with the water pick up effect it?

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It certainly will screw up a transducer read. They leave a trail of bubbles at almost any speed. My side imaging transducer is mounted on the transom to the starboard side of a pickup and the port image is distorted to the point of being useless.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
It certainly will screw up a transducer read. They leave a trail of bubbles at almost any speed. My side imaging transducer is mounted on the transom to the starboard side of a pickup and the port image is distorted to the point of being useless.
Is your transducer in front of or behind a pickup ??

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It is mounted on the transom about 6 inches to the right of the pickup. The sonar doesn't get through the bubbles very well. The 2-D sonar and Downview functions are fine since they shoot straight down. The starboard side view functions fine as well.

If you mount a through hull transducer forward of the pickups you should not have any problems.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
It is mounted on the transom about 6 inches to the right of the pickup. The sonar doesn't get through the bubbles very well. The 2-D sonar and Downview functions are fine since they shoot straight down. The starboard side view functions fine as well.

If you mount a through hull transducer forward of the pickups you should not have any problems.
A reason

oh ok I am installing a thru hull.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
how is your transducer working?