Thru Hull List for 1989 Seafarer - Wanted to post my finding

barclayrl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
After doing all the Thru Hulls in my 89 Seafarer I wanted to post a list of items I used to change them over to stainless steel.

I used the following

Front Deck Drains - Qty 2 - attwood 1-1/8Inch 90 degree stainless - This was by far the easiest route to take to replace all the plastic 90degree bends
Thru Hulls for Deck Drains - Qty 2 - attwood 1-1/8Inch 90 degree stainless - again, better this route than keeping plastic in there.
Fish Box Thru Hulls - Qty 2 - attwood 1-1/8Inch short straight stainless
Bilge rear - Qty 1 - attwood 1-1/8Inch straight stainless
Bilge front - Qty 2 - attwood 1-1/8Inch 90 degree stainles - I am using very rigid bilge hose and the 90 was the best way, but I am sure you can use a straight if needed.

The 90 Degree attwoods are very pricey and came in at least $38 each so just be warned on those, the shorts were about $18 shipped each and the standards are about $25 each.

I used 1-1/8 heavy duty hose from greatlakesskipper.com - it had to be heated up to fit over some of the fitting but us super solid and I feel very safe with it.

I have not replaced anything with rear deck scuppers yet I will add to this if I decide to venture further.

The live well is being changed so I am not referring anyone for any parts for that.

I hope this helps with anyone undertaking this project. I wish I had this guide when buying mine so I wouldn't have a bunch over leftover thru hulls in my garage from testing.

Ryan

grady_22

Reaction score
Re: Thru Hull List for 1989 Seafarer - Wanted to post my fin

Thanks a bunch! Very useful info. The PO of my boat (88 226) replaced most of the originals with cheapo thru-hulls and I want to replace them with stainless. This will certainly save me a whole bunch of time.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Re: Thru Hull List for 1989 Seafarer - Wanted to post my fin

Nice posting - holy crap that's a lot of detail! :D

"Cheapo thru hulls" - just be sure they are, in fact, cheapies and not something like Marelon. Marelon is a special, glass reinforced plastic and it NOT a cheapo. SS is always nice (above the waterline), but more durable still is bronze... just doesn't look as nice.