Thru-hull replacement '97 Gulfstream

grady23

Reaction score
Looking for some info on replacing the plastic thru-hulls on my 1997 Gulfstream. Anyone on this board done them already? Do I need all straight or are some of them 90Degree? I know I need 8 of the 1" (inside Measurement) and 1 that is 1.5". Any tricks or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

NautiBuoys

Reaction score
My Gulfstream is a couple years older than yours and I have done them but be prepared for a lot of scraped & cut wrists and forearms. Access is tight. It's a PITA but doable...

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I did them on my '86 offshore. Shop around online for the Perko fittings. I was going to go brass or stainless but I figured e plastic ones lasted 20 years the first time and they would be fine to replace with the same again. The 90 degree ones for me were simply the same straight ones with the barb cut off and Grady have a elbow the threaded onto the through hull fitting. The first few were hard, the worst one being the one under the Port cockpit seat.

Below is the link of where I bought them from. A fraction of the cost of west marine and a lot of other stores. The 1" straight ken was the same for me all around except for the big 1.5"

http://www.lowcostboatingstore.com/PERK ... _3368.html

exudedude

Reaction score
Yes if you shop around you can get the stainless ones for a good price.