Thru hull replacement... seafarer

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm finally going to replace the plastic thru hulls for my rear deck drains....one is very suspect.

I noticed that the bronze replacements don't have any means for attaching the rubber flappers on the outside. I'm not going plastic again(well maybe marelon) and they spend to much time in the water to be stainless. Shouldn't be to bad a job, but will likely remove my batteries from the starboard side for better access. Port is easy.

Anyone got a part number for an extra long bronze thru Hull? I think the Transom is 2 1/2 to 3 inch thick from when I removed my old transducer cable.

If I can't get something with the flaps I'll have to either add inline check balls to the hoses, or find deck drains with check balls. Admiral doesn't like wet feet when lounging out back.

I have considered moving them up, I got a good glass guy just down the road and I can't imagine it being too hard. But don't want to go to high, will try and get a measurement for how high the rear deck is off the waterline after I get some fuel back in it.

Has anyone else moved them up? I know the newer ones are higher. 1997 seafarer, fat Yamaha 225 and susuki 9.9 hanging of the back end.

Doug

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Perko makes bronze thru-hull with an integrated flapper.

Are you sure it's 2-1/2" to 3" where the thru-hull will go? Sometimes it's thinner there.

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I was wondering if it might be thinner in the corner. I'm also hoping to get parts in hand before dismantling. Can be tricky to find things around here. Might have no choice. I should call Grady tommorow, they might have the answer.

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ah, found the integrated flap perko. It also comes.in two lengths, it's just not obvious the way the description is. Now to find out if I need the 1 7/8" or 3" transom lengths. Have only found the bulk pack part number so far.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Ah, found the integrated flap perko. It also comes.in two lengths, it's just not obvious the way the description is. Now to find out if I need the 1 7/8" or 3" transom lengths. Have only found the bulk pack part number so far.
Can you post the link to this part?

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Found a old thread that should be helpful. I knew I'd seen a thread about this before.

Reactions: PointedRose

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I wouldn't dilly dally searching around on the net. I'd just give them a call and ask for a part number or where to buy. Find out about replacement flappers while you're at it.

Yeah, SS should be cheaper than bronze - but bronze will outlast SS... and the boat, probably. I would be hesitant to use chromed bronze as the chrome will probably pit.

FYI, if any portion of your thru-hull is underwater, do not use SS as it will corrode. Bronze will not.

chrisk

Reaction score
gemlux.com

They will have everything you need to replace all of the through hulls and scuppers.