Thru-hull scupper on 282

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I've done an extensive search and just curious if anyone has the part number to the original/replacement thru-hull scuppers that are connected to the deck drains? I'm debating on using this one:
Thru-hull

seasick

Reaction score
I don't know but the one you show doesn't seem to have a flapper to reduce backflow. Does yours?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I've got a list of them for my 228 when I replaced all mine with the SS ones direct from Grady-White. The scuppers should be the same. I can look when I get home this afternoon.

20170729_222510.jpg

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thank you for the replies. Seasick, not sure if mine has the flapper, to be honest never noticed if it did or didn't.
Ky, thanks any help is appreciated. I emailed Grady but I think they're a bit delayed over there lately, so hoping to order these soon.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
These are thru Hull scuppers that exit the side of the boat, not transom. They connect to the deck drains. I may just calling them tomorrow and see if I can get an answer on it. I hate calling usually because I know those guys over there are always busy and figured email is the easiest on them.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Even the side discharge scuppers will have the flaps also. The ones you will probably need are the 11-656. These are the long ones which mine used. Being on the side, you may use the short ones, 11-657. The more I think about it, you will use the shorter ones. The long ones are for the thickness of the transom.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Ky, I googled the part # and all I could find is a Grady parts catalog from 2007 referencing that part number as the correct part (short scupper). Who is the manufacturer of part #???

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Grady-White generates their part numbers. As to who the manufacturer is, not a clue. I ordered all mine through my Grady dealer in Charleston.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I understand , ok I'm going to call the local Grady dealer and place the order. Thank you again.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here's the whole list of numbers if you need them. Should cover any thru hull you need. The numbers in green are the current GW numbers.

20210215_191310.jpg

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks like Grady sourced them from Premier

Boosted1

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you need bronze thru hulls at the water line. The stainless won’t hold up.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Definitely going with bronze. Ky thanks for that chart, extremely helpful. I put a call into the local dealer, used that part# 11-657, and they are going to call me back after they confirm it's the correct fit. I told them about the old vs new part# and that they should be similar, but they just wanted to double check before ordering it.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a feeling tho, that that new part number will only show stainless thru hulls.....

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
And not to ramble but here was the response from Grady earlier as well:.
Here’s the thru hull fitting chart that shows the locations and the part #’s. The scuppers GW part # 11-463 are made by PERKO, INC. (ph#305-621-7525) and their item # is 377 A08 CHR SHORT SCUPPER. This fitting is obsolete from us but you can contact Perko to help with replacement fittings.

So I contacted perko and they only sell those by qty of 10 to dealers/boat builders directly. Very confused to say the least. I can source another scupper/thru Hull, but it won't have the flapper on it, which may be a problem?

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
For your application, I would go with 316 stainless fittings. Since it's at the waterline, there's a high oxygen content so corrosion is unlikely even in seawater. Lots of info on this application using 316. Many power plant feedwater heaters use 316L tubes for example.
Chrome on bronze will pit.
See this article -it has a decent summary. https://www.thermofisher.com/blog/m...e oxygen levels,oxygen it needs to regenerate.

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
And not to ramble but here was the response from Grady earlier as well:.
Here’s the thru hull fitting chart that shows the locations and the part #’s. The scuppers GW part # 11-463 are made by PERKO, INC. (ph#305-621-7525) and their item # is 377 A08 CHR SHORT SCUPPER. This fitting is obsolete from us but you can contact Perko to help with replacement fittings.

So I contacted perko and they only sell those by qty of 10 to dealers/boat builders directly. Very confused to say the least. I can source another scupper/thru Hull, but it won't have the flapper on it, which may be a problem?

Shouldn't be any confusion. Look at the chart I posted above. 11-463 is the old GW part number on left in blue, when Grady sourced from Perko. The new number is 11-657 in green, and Grady is now sourcing through Premier. Yes these are SS, but they are not submerged 100% of the time, so there has been no ill effects seen on them in the 4 years I've had them installed. Unlike the nasty chrome over bronze that I replaced with these.