thru hull size

crazy charlie

Reaction score
new to me 2000 Adventure.Thru hulls are sound but pitted on the outside.Looking into replacing them (for looks only)and was wondering if anyone knows the size?? I was also looking to see if there are any "covers" available to apply over the pitted area only,instead of replacing the entire thru hull.Thanks charlie

seasick

Reaction score
crazy charlie said:
new to me 2000 Adventure.Thru hulls are sound but pitted on the outside.Looking into replacing them (for looks only)and was wondering if anyone knows the size?? I was also looking to see if there are any "covers" available to apply over the pitted area only,instead of replacing the entire thru hull.Thanks charlie

No covers that I am aware of. I have the same issue and just live with it. The chrome finish is corroding but in general the bronze underneath is OK. The ones that may straddle your bottom paint line ( if you have bottom paint) will corrode faster if they are in contact with the paint since the copper reacts with the chrome. If the fitting has all or most of the chrome eroded away they can be prepped, primed and painted. That will hold up for a while but not forever. Unless necessary you probably don't want to replace all of them. Some are a real pain to get to and may require cutting holes in the deck to access the back side. The livewell drain and overflow can be more difficult to replace.

Here is a link to a post on painting bronze
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.ph ... ver-bronze

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I went through my 2004 228 and replaced all my thru hulls for the same reason. I contacted Grady customer service and they sent me the thru hull diagram and the corresponding parts list with the thru hulls listed. I went through and matched up thru hull and part number and ordered from the dealer.

crazy charlie

Reaction score
THANKS,GUESS I WILL GIVWE GRADY A CALL IN THE "OFF" SEASON AND ASK FOR SAME.CHARLIE