Thru Hull transducer

wbdenamur

Reaction score
I am looking to place a flush mount Airmar transducer on my Marlin. If I put it on the flat area made for mounting thru Hull transducers, will the fact that it is slightly recessed cause turbulence and poor readings at running speed?

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have the thru hull transducer on my Marlin on the flat and have never had an issue with turbulence or poor readings unless going in reverse.

Grady fun 5

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I am looking to place a flush mount Airmar transducer on my Marlin. If I put it on the flat area made for mounting thru Hull transducers, will the fact that it is slightly recessed cause turbulence and poor readings at running speed?
On my 2012 305 express which is the same hull as your Marlin. I have no issues with Airmar Transducer’s mounted in the factory flats

Dand1

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I have them mounted in the flats of my 305 Express ( same hull as Marlin) and they are fine
Good Luck

wbdenamur

Reaction score
It is recessed. The outer edge is even with the hull. The inner edge is almost 2 inches higher thus giving it a 0 degree flat surface but disrupting smooth water flow.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It is recessed. The outer edge is even with the hull. The inner edge is almost 2 inches higher thus giving it a 0 degree flat surface but disrupting smooth water flow.
OK. There are some boats/hulls where the area is simply flattened out - but not actually recessed. Defnitely don't want the ducer mounted up inside the "hole".