Thru Hull vs In Hull transducer

mfl1375

Reaction score
We have a 2004 33' grady. We have an inhull transducer with a simrad EVO 2 I believe. We mark fish sometimes, but they are not the typical tuna marks and it is spotty. My electronics should be a bit better I feel. I have heard that a inhull is just as good as a thru hull, but was wondering if people agree or disagree with that. And if anyone could think of a different solution. Thanks

mfl1375

Reaction score
I should have been more prepared when I posted. I dont have it in front of me, but will look and post when I have the exact info. For what it is worth i have been told that it is a good transducer for the boat, dual frequency and strong enough. But will get that info.

seasick

Reaction score
A shoot thru hull ducer can work as well as a thru hull in many cases. You may loose some depth range since the signal will be attenuated. But... bottom paint mat interfere or lessen the signal and all bets are off if the hull is cored. As far as I know no grady hulls are cored.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like the shoot thru I have and it has excellent performance. I went with it as one less hole in the boat. Check the tank and ensure sufficient fluid. Solid fiberglass hull in that area - no issues with the shoot thru.