Thru Hulls, Again ..

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Finally decided it was time to replace the remaining plastic thru hulls/scuppers. '86 Tournament 225, with livewell/ aerated baitwell option. Did the forward ones 5 years ago, so this project involved the rear port/starboard drains and the rear scuppers. I knew the OEM box and floor drains were discontinued, so preservation of the incumbants was important.

Rear scuppers were a no brainer, used Attwood 23-665533 stainless with internal flapper. In essence, no way were hoses and both side fittings going to be replaced through the OEM access ports. Ended up with two new access ports in the floor, Rabud 6", and Attwood 23-665493. I always thought Grady used an odd 1", but these turned out to be 1 and 1/8". Care was taken to preserve the two-part drains and none were broken or cracked (that I know of). If I had it to do again, I'd probably put in a flat cover plate, it's not like I need to get in there too often.

Oh, and the work was done by Boathouse Marine in Southport, NC. Great service, good folks ...

DSC00311Small.jpg

DSC00312Small.jpg

DSC00307Small2.jpg